Would You Ever Go Back To The Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Flipper, use the green NWT if you must!

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

Here ya go, Mary!

• Heaven
    Heaven

I recently took my Dad to a funeral/memorial (whatever the frick they call it... more like a sly peddle for the cult) at a KH.

I felt creepy going in. My Dad seemed genuinely happy to see the local pedophile. At least that answered one of my questions.

The guy giving the talk was the deceased's grandson. Sounded like a slimey, snake-oil salesman. Once the 'talk' was over, I made a bee-line for the door.

I thank the goddesses it was under an hour. Blech!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Only because I am such a good friend to a couple good ex-JW friends. Went to a couple funerals with my ex-JW friends for support. I felt like a 'spy' in a God-forsaken land. I have been out since mid-'80s so I actually felt sorry for most of them. Could spot the elders easily as they actually looked 'stiff-necked' to me.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Only for the inlaws funerals. My parents never wanted a KHall funeral which is a relief.

• reds
    reds

Never !!!!!!!!!!! Ever!!!!!!!!!! No NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

No thanks.

ESTEE

• dandingus
    dandingus

I'm not sure if I could ever embrace religion again, period. Can you unlearn something you've learned? It's like asking if you could go back to being a child again. Some would if they COULD. But you can't, so it's all just an intellectual exercise at this point. Maybe that's the answer. I would. IF I COULD, but I can't. So I won't.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

no... NO... NO ...NO... and no.

I passed a KH today on my work route, often pass it. Look at it bemusedly. See the dubs in FS at QT (local convenience store) but rarely actually knocking on a door. Have no desire to interact with them, even if I know them.

an elderly sister I pioneered with and was very close to died a couple of years ago. Some called her "Diamond Lil"... but even her funeral I would not go to.

My JW mom already said she does not want a funeral, JW or otherwise. If she did, I would not go. I would go to the gravesite and conduct my own service, sans dubs.

Ironically, last week my fiancee's coworker had a grandparent that died. I knew her one grandma was a JWm but did not put it together until right before we left for the funeral home. I went on the internet to look up the directions to the funeral home, found the grandfather's obit... I'll be damned... I knew him (Dennis), turns out, I knew tons of people and my fiancee only knew her co-worker. Ran into an elder in that same KH (Kevin), Ran into the same elder a few days at the cemetery he manages at a graveside service for one of my fiancee's best friend's mother..... My fiancee was not amused. LOL. damn witnesses everywhere... she wanted to tell the elder her fiancee is an apostate.

Snakes (Rich )

PS to flipper:

And secretly masturbate under my Bible while sitting in the corner to stave off boredom ?? Nah, no thanks. Can do that at home without the mind control . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

so you are saying you would be bored stiff?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

OUTLAW - Love the graphics. Hilarious! Merry Christmas to you .

-Steve-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit