Would You Ever Go Back To The Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
  • Think About It
    Think About It

I would only go to a funeral of a couple people if it was held in the KH. Other than that.....possibly, if I had a friend that's been out as long as me and we got a wild hair to go to see what it's like now after being out for years. It would just be for a laugh, the culture shock factor and something to share with others.

Think About It

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

3 more times...

Grandmother's, father's and mother's funeral. And then the 5 generations that started in 1912 will be finished; either by death, apostacy or plain disinterest.

• steve2
    steve2

That's so like asking a college graduate whether they would like to "re-do" Play School. No way!

Even if the Watchtower significantly changed its policies on shunning and openly acknowledged the hugely detrimental impact of those policies on the rank and file and their families, why would anyone want to stay in such an infantile, closed-minded fundamentalist group?

It's time to stop licking one's wounds and looking to the next stage: Adulthood with adult responsibilities. Play-school's for babies.

• FloridaPerry
    FloridaPerry

That "Faithful and Discreet Slave" stuff with the WTBTS reminds me of some Catholics who think the Pope is infallible. It makes no sense.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Ever since they told me the paradise would generally be the JW life (meetings, field service, conventions, free labor, gestapo-like tactics, more meetings, endless rules about endless things) I have not been interested in it. In fact, if they're right, they need to redo the definition of "paradise".

As an elder once said, "We're pretty much in the paradise now, except for the fact that we grow old and die. Get used the KH, you'll be seeing plenty of it in the New Order."

Nope, they can have it. I'll take my chances with the Big'n in the sky.

• minimus
    minimus

When I drive into NYC at times, I see the Kingdom Hall to my left before I go on to George Washington bridge. I typically give the place the middle finger as I drive by.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No, not even for a funeral. When my JW mom died we gave her a proper funeral. I didn't bother going to the JW infomercial.

W

• minimus
    minimus

well saif, ff.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I echo fokyc exactly

Never, never, ever.

I feel sick just being anywhere in the vicinity of the Kingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit