What is the longest you know of a Fader being out of the JW's and then DF'd?

by Think About It 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

James_woods - "The rule was that if you just left and didn't seem to be rocking the boat, you were just left alone."

That seems to be what's happening to me...

Any vindictive elders that I remember from when I was growing up eventually bit off more than they could chew and were politely but firmly "asked" to step aside. It was almost always permanent.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I was quite livid when they DF'ed me. I had totally disappeared for 2 years- even moving 30 miles away. Never went to a mtg or talked to any witnesses in 2 years. I decided to send my old BOE a letter letting them know that my ex had grounds to remarry. I figured I had been gone long enough and was not a threat to anyone in that old hall 30 miles away. When I refused a judicial meeting they DF'ed me. Who were they protecting?

• TD
    TD

Interesting thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ecclesiastical authority in the JW faith does not extend higher than the congregational level. In other words, local Elder bodies act autonomously on matters of congregational discipline and the JW parent organization(s) want it that way because it protects them from legal actions of all kinds.

What happens if someone "fades" --let's say for 10+ years and moves to another state/province or even to another country?

Do local elders attempt to exert ecclesiastical authority over someone they don't know and who has never attended their congregation?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Do local elders attempt to exert ecclesiastical authority over someone they don't know and who has never attended their congregation?

Yes. I was df'ed from a congregation I have never been to, don't know the name of, by 3 men who I don't know to this day, neither do they know me.

• undercover
    undercover

Wow, palm...that's pretty f'd up, right there. Were they alerted to your relocating there? I wonder if someone back home was making trouble for you be stirring up the hornet's nest in your new area...

I was gonna say to TD, that yes, they can do that but usually don't go to the bother. Let's face it...most elders are lazy when it comes to keeping up with their WT workload. They don't want to do anymore than they have to. The hourly pay is just shitty...

If given the oppurtunity to let it go, they'll do it. But there's always that one elder every so often that has a stick up his ass and wants to create a police state within the congregation. They'll stop at nothing to exact Godly vengeance on anyone who dares buck the tide of righteousness.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Yes. I was df'ed from a congregation I have never been to, don't know the name of, by 3 men who I don't know to this day, neither do they know me.

Depending on who is pulling the strings, I can see this happening to many faders. That's kinda my point behind the thread. I can see ones who have been faded for 10-15+ years being DF'd, if some new overzealous elders found out about them breaking any WTS rules. Doubt the WTS abides by any statue of limitations on WTS sins.

Think About It

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Depending on who is pulling the strings,

My ex and my parents called the congregation here.

• TD
    TD

Wow......They clearly did not have a legitimate pastoral interest.

If ever there was a good opportunity to forcefully teach JW elders that the authority they wield (Or in this case, the lack of said authority...) derives from "Caesar's Law," that would be it. I understand that the parent organization would leave them hanging in a case like this

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Well, I left them no choice, really.

My ex had cut me off financially, long before I left him. I moved in with the man who had been supporting me (financially and emotionally, we were going to marry soon anyways....)

I had no intentions of returning, just wanted to be left alone.

My ex just wanted some "revenge".

** edit to say: I didn't move in with someone directly after leaving my ex. I moved 3 times to different cities first.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Do local elders attempt to exert ecclesiastical authority over someone they don't know and who has never attended their congregation? .....TD

Some know no boundrys..

They believe they represent a higher power..

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit