What is the longest you know of a Fader being out of the JW's and then DF'd?

by Think About It 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

BEEN ALMOST 8 YEARS FOR ME. TOLD SEVERAL I WAS NEVER GOING BACK.

EVEN TOLD MY DAUGHTER SHE WAS IN A CULT.

• jam
    jam

To add to my post. I think they are afraid of my son and this is why.

Around 2000 when he begain to fade, he was and still A electrican.

So of course he was doing work for many of the JW, at A cheap rate.

One elder son refuse to pay him after the job was done. He gave

that guy A bloody nose because he refuse to pay him. No meeting with

elders. Over the years he has been in several relationships and they

have live togather, his mom knew and his Jw family members, no elder

meeting. A old elder friend of mine approach him one day, and tried talking

to him and my son told him I do not want to hear that BS, no meeting.

That was around five years ago. The last 4-5 yrs. he has told his mom

he is A atheist and she still invite him to her home. I beleive their are

so many out in my area that the elders figure what the hell, why should

we bother.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

I have cousins who have not gone to meetings in years (10-20+)......never once disfellowshipped. I even had a different cousin after her 1st divorce stop going to meetings, get pregnant, get married then divorced for a 2nd time and started going back to meetings and she was NOT disfellowshipped. I do not know if she talked to the brothers in her cong. so do not know if any other dicipline was issued......but that was EXTREMELY difficult for me when I was disfellowshipped (around the same time she started going back) for admitting to being drunk on several occassions over the years and being seen as unrepentent for not telling the brothers what I was going to do to correct the problem. My cousin just walzed back into the cong. after all that she did and not have any action taken for her "sins". Such a crock!

• Gayle
    Gayle

confuzzled777,,yes,,honesty just doesn't work in that organization.

• wobble
    wobble

I think that the sad thing is, the Elders in their tiny power-crazed minds believe they can DF anyone regardless of how long they have left.

My local ones are a lazy bunch of tossers and can't be assed to chase someone like me who keeps his head fairly well down, but if I get too vocal or active with anti-witnesseing I can see that they may try, despite the fact that I have not entered a KH since early 2008.

The longest cases I remember were only a year or so of being missing, and the people concerned still believed, and tried to hide their "sin".

Long term faders seem fairly safe if we do not make too many obvious waves, trouble is, I am making a few lately.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wobble - "I think that the sad thing is, the Elders in their tiny power-crazed minds believe they can DF anyone regardless of how long they have left...Long term faders seem fairly safe if we do not make too many obvious waves, trouble is, I am making a few lately."

I brought up this very subject in my first post here last week, and followed it up with other thoughts at the end of the thread, but the subject seemed to fizzle out, and I got no further replies.

(http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/202922/2/Thought-Id-introduce-myself)

• james_woods
    james_woods

In Oklahoma City, at the time I left, (about 1979) around 50 or more people left within 2 years.

To my knowledge, only 3 of us were disfellowshipped: Marion and Ed Dunlap, and myself. I had been gone well over 2 years when they called me one Sunday morning and told me I was DFd. I told them I was already long gone and could care less. Nobody else was disfellowshipped over leaving, and they have been gone 30 years now. One guy made a public education show on JWs being a cult on local TV about 7 years ago and nothing happened to him.

I believe they felt that the local congregations simply could not withstand the shock of 40 to 50 more disfellowshippings at that time.

So, my theory is that a lot of what they do is molded by what they believe is the existing local politics.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

james_woods - "I believe they felt that the local congregations simply could not withstand the shock of 40 to 50 more disfellowshippings at that time."

They're probably right; it would have been a hell of a show. The local "apostates" would have sold tickets and made popcorn.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Vidiot - there were at least three other ELDERS (besides myself and the Dunlap brothers) who left and were not disfellowshipped from that time!

The rule was that if you just left and didn't seem to be rocking the boat, you were just left alone.

• undercover
    undercover

It depends on how scared they are of you.

If you fade and, like JWoods says - don't rock the boat, you can pretty much slide into oblivion easy enough. But if you're vocal with your criticisms and speak openly to JW family/friends about your new found knowledge, they will hunt you down and make an example out of you.

Even if you've been quiet for several years and mostly forgotten about and then decide to stand up in the boat just to see what waves are created, you will again be back on the radar ( I love mixing my metaphors). And if you keep on making waves, you will be back in their sights and they'll come at you with their torches lit and their pitchforks sharpened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit