December 15th WT gives example of sister who quit her job so she could go to an convention.

by life is to short 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

You gotta stop reading that trash. Works for me.

OTWO - I totally agree.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

For every BS story like this that you hear there's probably a thousand that you don't hear of about sacrifice for the WTS and GB that land families bankrupt because they're waiting on jah to provide. Although the rare few that you do hear about they always progress to become elders and CO's and DO's. Funny how jehovah works...

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes, I really don't know how you can continue to read the magazines. I still attend a couple meetings here and there,but I don't even bother to read them. It's all the same.

But, I am sorry,you had such a hard time with your parents,and that, none of the elders came to your aid.

I am ashamed to admit, I used to believe all that was written in the magazines. Now, I know better.

Most Witnesses just love these kind of experiences and will be sure to share them with their calls and Bible studies.

• minimus
    minimus

The REAL problem is this: If every JW took this type of thing to heart, quit their lousy jobs (or good ones) and became Pioneers, the Organization would have no money!!!

So why do they do this sh*t? It's because they want to make people at least feel guilty so as to "do more" in other ways and be enslaved to the Organization and its ideals.

Pretty smart, huh??

• mouthy
    mouthy

Those "I gave up my life for Jehovah" stories really get my blood boiling. Sorry here is another on ( THAT I DID) I worked at the Bay as a buyers asst
    They offered me a house & a managers job,in Ontario( I lived in Montreal at that time)
    I came to see it,(It was great) then i thought of all the people that was supposed to
    die at the big A...... So I declined ,Went on knocking on doors. Hope your blood dont
    run over

• therevealer
    therevealer

I have to add my "it's got to be bullshite" to this one. Just to preposterous. If operating a sewing machine, especially without experience netted her double her previous wage, what the hell could that wage have been?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LITS, Beyond mad doesn't even describe it! This was my Number One issue with the religion! I was incensed at the GALL of these people to suggest that I pursue the poverty they avoided. It was always somebody with a cushy situation suggesting that somebody ELSE make a foolish leap. Nowadays hopefully no intelligent person would ever follow such insane advice! The guys at the head of this religion who make such foolish foolish suggestions, without regard for the welfare of the gullible souls who may be harmed certainly deserve to be thrown into the street. Maybe one of their deluded follower-groupies will take them in. I have NO use for this religion and I wish on them the poverty they are wishing on everybody else.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ makes up BullShit Storys all the time..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• stapler99
    stapler99
    For every BS story like this that you hear there's probably a thousand that you don't hear of about sacrifice for the WTS and GB that land families bankrupt because they're waiting on jah to provide. Although the rare few that you do hear about they always progress to become elders and CO's and DO's. Funny how jehovah works...

Absolutely right. This applies to all their experiences. You hear of the elderly peope who "spent their life in Jehovah's service and had no regrets." You don't hear of all the people who DO have regrets. That would be listening to apostates, and Satan the Devil who wanders about like "a roaring lion seeking to devour."

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    ...Roxana went anyway, fervently praying that she might keep her job. After that, she felt calm. Sure enough, on Monday after the convention, her boss did fire her. Roxana was perturbed...

She was Perturbed, really?!?!

She was told that she will be fired, goes anyways and wen she is fired she is perturbed?!?!

WTF, are JWs supposed to be really that stupid?

If you are told NOT to touch the fire because you will get burned, you touch regardless and get burned, are you perturbed?!

I am not sure this one works in the Borg's advantage...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit