December 15th WT gives example of sister who quit her job so she could go to an convention.

by life is to short 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Is this sister related to Andre?

Seriously, this is another example of their tripe that falls into the "Mystical Manipulation" category used to control minds by cults. Makes one want to hurl.

• Violia
    Violia

Story from my family, GF worked in diner during ww2. Came into "truth" b/c of magazine someone threw in the trash. If that is true, blast whoever did that.

Yes made up story or it is a combined story of several people rolled into one.

LOL at Mary. Same old stuff they keep recycling.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

I think we need to follow up Mary's story; I'd like to see how the theme park "evolved" when it was owned and run by Pioneers. . . .

Retro

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

This brings back memories. In the 1960's Clyde quite his job so he could attend the district convention. Back then it was easy to get a new job. Not so today--especially in the area we live.

Bonnie

• dgp
    dgp

But Mary's story is very true. Who do you think is now ruling Jehovah's organization, if not the Several Dwarfs? Sister Snow White covers her head when they preach, of course! The Mirror does send a new light once in a while!

On a more serious tone, if the sewing machine job paid twice as much as Roxanna's previous job, can you imagine what she was earning before?

• Scott77
    Scott77

bookmarked for later

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like just once for them to provide PROOF that this happened, in the form of a link to the actual story and sources to cross-verify. What company? What low-paying job? What double salary? Remember, they are using these stories to coerce people to quit their jobs so they can pio-sneer.

What usually happens is that they will get fired, and then have zero references (the job they lose will give a bad reference). This disqualifies them from the better job, and they usually end up on food stamps and welfare. (If that.) And for what? A fxxxing Grand Boasting Session! They seen 'em one, they seen 'em all. And they could attend another week if necessary. Especially now with Osama Obama doing all he can to destroy the chances to start a new business and all the current jobs, the chances of finding another one are zilch (especially if they get a bad reference).

As for getting 5 people into the cancer, that is also bogus. If they are in the cancer, it should be safe to mention names because there is no way the manager is going to fire this pio-sneer if he himself is also a witless. They should be able to check up on it--why don't they ever leave a paper trail so others can see it as real? It also guilts others into quitting jobs, usually resulting in constant disarray in personal lives, in hopes of getting others into the cancer. Usually, people that actually try it will get fired from the new job (assuming that they get one at all, despite Osama Obama)--this time for violating religious neutrality policies.

• Ex-Dub MS
    Ex-Dub MS

the stupid examples of crossing crocodile infested waters/mine fields/civil wars/unbelieving violent mates/walked for 8000 miles in bare feet to attend a convention! all of these example are probably lies .

I don't think they're lies at all. But but BUT they omit the fact that these same folks cross crocodile infested streams for axle grease and a bucket of peanuts, too.

I think the most disturbing truth about this 'quit your job to sit and listen to the manuscript talks they'll reprint in the damn Watchtower anyway' nonsense is this...what happens when there's a building project at Watchtower HQ with a tight deadline before the building inspectors come? Will they let their own folks take off for their weekly meetings? Or how 'bout playing recordings of said meetings--you know, so they can get a whiff of second-hand Holy Spirit? Eff that, says the F&D GB. Morning worship is all they need, cuz they have WORK to do.

Funny how they'll apply that principle amongst themselves, but not to the faithful who have mouths to feed.

Je-hypocrites.

• VM44
    VM44

"A pioneer named Roxana..."

What are the chances that "Roxana" and her story are made up?

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

You know what the sad thing is? As funny as Mary's story is, it is not exaggerated by much. 10 years ago, I may have believed it to be true if published in a WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit