Where do I start...

by KristiKay 40 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

KristiKay, after reading your posts I would say you have no intention of joining this religion. Stop leading this lady on and tell her the truth, that it's just not for you and thank her for her time.

-Sab

• garyneal
    garyneal

I've been in your position, sort of. I was a believer in God and the Bible when I met and later married my JW wife. I remember all of the studies with them and thinking that they seem reasonable and are not the CULT-y people that Christian churches make them out to be.

They were even good at explaining away some of their unique doctrines. Only 144,000 go to Heaven and partake in communions, Christ began reigning invisibly in 1914, no trinity, no hell fire, salvation is not by Christ alone but earn through service to the organization, etc.. Let's just say that eventually I wound up very VERY confused. Then I had to do my own research and boy what did I find.

Needless to say, I post here, celebrate holidays, and find that most of their doctrines were simply them 'pulling it out of their behinds.'

They say, "Go to any encyclopedia and you will see Christ was not born on 12-25." Well, go to any encyclopedia and you will see that Jerusalem did not get destroyed in 607 B.C.E.. Tell a witness that and they balk, but 'go to any encyclopedia.'

• garyneal
  • OBVES
    OBVES

Keep the Bible in hands and ask God Yahweh for help .Start with http://www.focusonthebible2011.com and go to alt.bible ( google group ) and retrieve my posts there .

And go to http://www.familyradio.com

Harold Camping has another alternative to my prediction for September 28,2011 AD .

Examine materials for some time and then you can study the materials by the Watchtower and again study my posts .This is my advise to you and anyone who is reading this response .

You should tune to Open Forum program by Harold Camping on weekdays or listen to via internet .

There is little time left , so act fast .

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome to the board - and,

+++ to what both Sabastius and GaryNeal already said. Make sure you don't let them involve you into this mind-control cult.

BTW:

I was intoxicated at the time I agreed and I figured it would be better to have a set time for her visits rather then her just showing up at random times.

That is absolutely the most honest, refreshing, and in its own way hilarious reason for a person agreeing to a "bible study" with the Jehovah's Witnesses that I have ever heard. BRAVO!

• OBVES
    OBVES

If you read my posts on alt.religion.jehovahs-witn ( usenet group via google ) note thes dates :

7 BC = 1879 AD , 2 BC = 1884 AD ; 29 AD = 1914 AD .

So , if those dates 7 BC,2 BC , 29 AD are linked to Jesus' appearance so the dates 1879 AD,1884 AD,1914 AD may have similar meaning.

Jesus appeared spiritually in the period 1879 AD - 1914 AD and it was a revival of the true christian religion.

BUt the real second coming of Jesus is expected in 2011 AD. September 28 is the best date .Harold Camping of http://www.familyradio.com has May,21,2011 AD as 100% sure for Jesus' coming .

my website http://www.focusonthebible2011.com

• cantleave
    cantleave

KK you have an email - enjoy.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    but apparently she is trained (brainwashed) to argue, and because of my lack of biblical knowlege, she can always pick out scriptures to disprove my points.

Boy, that's an understatement, if I ever heard one! Ha, ha, ha. Welco0me to JWN. Please be careful. These people, although very nice, are also highly trained to recruit.

• flipper
    flipper

KRISTIKAY- Welcome to the board ! We are glad you are here. If I were you- I'd print out all the research you have done on earthquakes and show the Circuit overseer what you found on google on the internet. See if he tries the same justifications and excuses the person calling on you did.

In regards to earthquakes : I have a suggestion. I asked this question to my JW 23 yr.old daughter when SHE tried telling me more powerful earthquakes occur now than in the past. I asked her, " How do you think people in the 15th century heard about earthquakes happening on the other side of the world ? Wouldn't it have taken YEARS to hear about them by ship travel or something ? So HOW do we KNOW that there weren't just as MANY earthquakes then ? Today we know about earthquakes immediately by the internet. Just minutes after the earthquake ! But back centuries ago we had no access to communication around the world ! " So ask your Circuit overseer THESE questions - and see what he says !

Good luck to you , please ask anyone here more questions if you need to

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Hi KristiKay,

It looks like you have been given good advice and i don't have anything to add along that line. I would recommend the book "Sign of the Last Days" by Carl Oloff Johnson. It's a great book and it totally deconstructs the idea that things are worse today than they were hundreds or thousands of years ago. This is one of the most enlightening books I have read in a long time.

:-)

-MF31-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit