Where do I start...

by KristiKay 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

I get nervous for people when I hear they're talking with the Witnesses. Some of them are very good at recruitment. If you don't break it off and continue to talk with them and they think you are "a challenge" they may bring in one of their heavy hitters to get inside your head. You should not underestimate how persuasive they can be. Sounds like you've got it figured out but keep your guard up.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i dont have anything to add other than an observation. the original poster demonstrates the problem the watchtower has in 2010, when JW's come to the door spouting off their propaganda, a quick google search disproves their claims. that cant be good for the numbers. lol

• mouthy
    mouthy

KristiKay... Welcome to our group. I said I would NEVER get sucked into their teaching
    But it is NOT brainwashing it is MIND CONTROL.I DID get sucked in .mainly
    because my study conductor was a wonderful ,lovely young woman.& I did NOT know scripture
    Well I was there for 25 years, made 10 people ( besides some of my family) JWS
    I would have died for the Organization,If they had said drink the coolaid I would have.
    Just as the cult of Jonestown did. My suggestion would be to tell her the truth.It is a cult
    I just wished some one had told me....I was kicked out in 1987.because I didnt believe
    Jesus came invisably in 1914. But You are the one to decide what you want to do
    To do or not to do. That is the Question.All the best

http://exjw.weebly.com/ <<<< My site Grace Gough..Canada

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

How do you sit through the studies?? I mean there is no way that I could stomach it, at all! So kudos for that that. (I was a born in - and stayed in for 25yrs)

Also just remember that their bible is just that, THEIR bible. It's their own translation...it's been changed. There is no "grace" it's all "undeserved kindness".

And so you know, yes she will continue to come to your home as long as you allow it, because when she fills out that monthly field service slip - it's nice to mark down a bible study. Along with all the hours she has spent with you, along with all the magazines/tracts she has left with others.

I say tell her that you have come to your sense and you have decided that you no longer want to waste an hour of your life on that cult-tastic crap. :)

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Just be aware as soon as you use the word Cult the game is over. Branding the Watchtower Society as a cult is part of Satan's plan, you see.

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

cult-tastic can easily be replaced with crap-tastic ;)

• nelly136
    nelly136

She assured me that weather or not I convert, she's doing what she needs to do for her religion.

she's basically saying she doesn't care whether you're interested or not, she's not even bothered whether she saves you from being armagonnagettem fodder, she just needs the time on her report card at the end of the month in order to 'save herself'.

and welcome

• yknot
    yknot

hmmmm.....

Technically she is using your for 'time'.

In our world a woman has little value. There are only two ways for a woman to be viewed with 'value'

1) Have an husband who is 'privileged' (holds a title within the congo)

2) Do lots of FS (pioneer, auxiliary pioneer)

By bringing the COwife she is hoping to get a pat on the back via Sister CO praising her to hubby who in turn will praise her to Elders. The fact the COwife will be accompanying her shows how much she is 'trusted' by her Elders (well that is how it goes in my congregation)

If you want her to stop coming by make a scene (ie bring up 'truth about the truth' )....... if you think she is harmless and she adds some value to your life then by all means play nice and chose another day to rattle her cage.

Here is some good 'rattles'

1) what is our 'truth'?

Answer: (she will rattle on about no trinity, hellfire, immortality of soul and probably new system--- none of which is our 'TRUTH')

Here below taken from the May 1, 1981 WT pg 17, paragraph 3 (see link below to download a copy of the 'Watchtower library CD' (WTCD) which she more than likely has installed on her home computer or portable device.) Highlighted is our 'TRUTH' and the rest of the paragraph lends to pointing out that we indeed have a 'different' or 'not one in the same' gospel.....from that of 'Christendom' but also from the Apostles esp Paul who is held on high by the WTS he point blankly states in 1 Corinthians 1:23 ""23 but we preach Christ impaled""

: *** w81 5/1 p. 17 par. 3 If God Has an Organization, What Is It? ***
    Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah’s Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah’s Witnesses is really “gospel,” or “good news,” as of God’s heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914.

Poster Fokyc upload the 2009 WT CD here: http://www.box.net/shared/fxbj02mr0x (lol check back in January for 2010's edition)

2) If Galatians 1:6-9 (NWT- JWBible)says : 6 I marvel that YOU are being so quickly removed from the One who called YOU with Christ’s undeserved kindness over to another sort of good news. 7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed. . .

A) she will studder out some argument..... and you can cut it short and say but don't you know that all of your core doctrines that were developed from 1918 until Brother Knorr were under the influence of angels rather than holy spirit? (Holy spirit was removed in the 1932 but in it's removal it was retro-dated to 1918 too)

Here is a 'quote' but you should download the book below (sendspace link) to show her.....if she still balks ask her to retrieve the publication from her Kingdom Hall library (many still have several of Rutherford's books).

By his spirit, the holy spirit, Jehovah God guides or leads his people up to a certain point of time, and thus he did until the time when “the comforter” was taken away, which would necessarily occur when Jesus, the Head of his organization, came to the temple and gathered unto himself those whom he found faithful when he, as the great Judge, began his judgment, in 1918. (1932 Presevation, pg 193-194)

1932 Preservation http://www.sendspace.com/file/x49ubc

3) Are the JWs a 'secret society'

A) She will say 'no'...... at that point tell her you are interested in studying the newest 2010 publication by the Watchtower called 'Shepherding the Flock of God' and you would also like a copy of the recent handout 's-55' ....... the only way she knows about these publications are if she is married to an elder and he has told her about them..... otherwise they are unknown by the rank and file JW and are considered 'secret' and to be kept away from prying eyes of non-elders and womenfolk (see one of the sendspace links below to read a 'Body of Elders' Letter (BOE LTRs) dated Aug 23, Oct 12 stating so)sendspace links: The last two sendspace links are probably the most 'damaging'.

Body of Elders letters dated 8-23 & 10-12 please not we use words like 'secure' and 'confidential' rather than straight up 'secret' regarding the 'shepherding' or 'ks10' text. http://www.sendspace.com/file/kwd3pq

s-55 handout for Elders but Elders are not to give out copies to Rank and File JWs http://www.sendspace.com/file/7zvkyf

Don't be shy about tell her where you found these 'tidbits' either..... Jehovahs-witness.net has active Witnesses like herself (and technically me)posting her and we would love for her join too. We have serveral active Elders on the board should she have any questions.

Have fun, Huggles

• St George of England
    St George of England

I am another 'born in' and it took me 60 years to realise the truth about JW's.

Do not make the mistake of getting into a doctrinal discussion, it will just waste your time.

Tell the JW you are bi-sexual and have no desire or intention of changing.

George

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Jehovahs-witness.net has active Witnesses like herself (and technically me)posting her and we would love for her join too. We have serveral active Elders on the board should she have any questions.

Yeah, when I told my wife this she was LIVID!!!! Thinking why there are so many active elders on this board, associating with apostates, poisoning the congregations, etc..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit