With the latest Australian Special Talk, we now have a complete picture of the Organizational Plan

by WingCommander 64 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

The problem (at least here in the U.S.) is that the JW's have been hauled into court more than once and charged with violating the laws governing child labor by having children go door to door. The defense has always been that field service is entirely voluntary and is not a precondition for association/membership in the congregation.

We all know that those who don't regularly go door to door are considered weak and poor association. We also know that this is actively encouraged from the platform. But to codify this attitude with a formal change of status for inactive or irregular publishers would yank the rug out from under their defense against child labor

There are ways around this of course. They could quit baptizing anyone under 18 and prohibit anyone under 14 from going door to door. I would be surprised though.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

TD, that would never happen. The WT likes making embarrassing kids by having them seen by classamtes knocking on doors. It make the kids subject to ridicule, and lessens the chance of an outside support system.

• watson
    watson

The wife and I have been "stricken" from the list. I can confirm what Cattails said. It was strange to see it. Nice way to inform the congregation, without an announcement..

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    The wife and I have been "stricken" from the list. I can confirm what Cattails said. It was strange to see it. Nice way to inform the congregation, without an announcement..

Are publishers now forced to shun you, with the threat of sanctions against THEM hanging over their heads?

If you were DF'd or DA'd, then publishers would be forced to shun you, otherwise, they themselves could be DF'd for associating with you.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I told you! And you though I was the bad guy! You thought I was the hard-liner!

Your loving brother, Ted Jaracz.

Historical experience shows us that a totalitarian governing system is more likely to become more opressive and fall than to become lax and survive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit