return visit with my jw barber today

by JunkYardDog 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hi JYD,

LOL the way you turned the JW terminology around, you made the return visit on your student!

For the rest, I don't think his age or that it was his workplace should put him off limits since he was set up to witness there anyway.

Also, not impressive that he didn't want to talk religion when the conversation wasn't going his way; I'm sure he'd have been fine with it if you were an "honest-hearted enquirer" (or sucker)

I'm sure you gave him something to think about, and hopefully made him wary of witnessing at work.

Personally I'd prefer to put the frog on lukewarm water and bring it to the boil slowly, but it takes a big investment in time, and still may come to nothing!

Retro

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Thinkaboutit, Some have to go to war when they become apostates. Some are still questioning. Some like to mock. Some like to find out and move on. I am in the mocking, still questioning phase. Maybe the original poster is in the war phase. I don't see myself ever picketing conventions. It's just not in me. I think the witnesses DO have some good things. I may even attend a few meetings to hear Bible based things. But I won't be back in an official capacity. I just can't. Too much garbage.

• Timothy Riches
    Timothy Riches

We all have something to contribute. Screw taking it easy on the oldsters! It's never too late to learn you've pissed away your life! Suggesting it's better to leave them to die in the organization isn't a moral act, not when they've identified themselves as JW! That's a pretty callous disregard for the value of human life near the end. No one is going after deathbed conversions here - the poster is 100% BLOODY CORRECT to point out that the old dude (like many old JWs) go out and spread the word. Further, they put a sappy, grand-parenty spin on the group that is truly at odds with the reality. In my opinion the oldsters should be PRIME TARGETS.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Well done as always, JYD!

THINK ABOUT THIS: The JW Barber would have been on cloud nine if he was asked to tell about his "incidental witnessing" at his Circuit or District Assembly. It is COMPLETELY APPROPRIATE for JYD to come to HIS peer group - we apostates here at JWN - to relate his "field service experiences."

Personally, I think that TAI is afraid of JYD; he knows that in a fair debate JYD would clean his clock!

I also agree with Timothy Riches. There's a nice saying; "It's never too late to live happily ever after." JYD is offering that poor doomed JW an opportunity to reclaim the REST OF HIS LIFE. JYD is doing a "life-saving" work!

As The WATCHTOWER told us, we have a MORAL OBLIGATION to alert the doomed to their erroneous path:

"When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends, is it an unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning. They may even resent it. But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning?" -- THE WATCHTOWER January 15, 1974

From his comments it is clear that ThinkAboutIt resents JYD's message of salvation.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

You can't reason with a true believer, before you know it, he's pulling out excuses left and right. A well-trained apostate will blow them away and expose the bare core, that the JW belief is like any other: blind faith in men.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

No harm in giving them a dose of their own medicine!

To think, too, that the cheeky #%&* most likely is counting time while he works.

(What was the recent observation by Farkel that much of the "reported" time is bogus?)

Bill.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I would have done the same thing. Turn from the hunted into the hunter.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Anyone who flaunts the littertrash in order to initiate a conversation, is fair game in my opinion.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

As I think back talking to this jw barber, I knew I had about 15-20 minutes with him sitting in his chair. I kept changing wts subjects to see what would effect/interest him. all the prophecy stuff went right over his head. But he did bite on Ray Franz , child molestion , and young jw women dying during child birth bleeding to death. Leaving there children mother less, because the wts told these jw women it's better to die in child birth IF THEY START BLEEDING TOO MUCH than take a blood transfusion. I did make a point that child birth is one of the most important / happy experencies in a young womans life. And how the wt will rob this happiness of child baring and rearing a child to adulthood if MOM NEEDS BLOOD. etc

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I think we need to have an apostate judicial committe formed for Thinkaboutit. If he is in fact promoting Watchtower ideas then we need to disfellowship him from the apostates. His sentence? He has to go to the Kingdom hall meetings for a year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit