You did ok. Like the others said, those books were there to give him an opening. Although, for future reference, it would be smart to not rattle people who need to have a calm, steady hand while they're working on you; I'd hate to think what might have happened if you had needed a shave.
return visit with my jw barber today
LOL at Serenitynow! I was thinking the same thing.
JYD proved some very valuable principles to successfully winning the older people away!
- Avoid hard facts and figures
- Emphasize the harm caused to mothers and children, a grandparent's tenderest interest.
- Discuss older people who left after years of service (Franz, Harrison)
- Confidently point to the WT CD as the self-damning instrument it is.
- Return visits are VERY impressive!
- You have to have extraordinary patience and persistence to win them over, but a captive situation is something you NEVER pass up!
JYD noted a very important point.
Find out what connects with the person and go with that.
It's almost like the way good salesmen work.
Often, things that are important to us don't matter to someone else and things that don't matter to us can be of great importance to the other person.