Hey everybody...Introduction

by 2tone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Hello and welcome.

Take the advice of the others and step away from the water. Baptism is a weapon they use to keep you in line.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome. You are in a good position for someone raised a JW, because you did not get baptised. Hence the following sentence is worrying.

One option is to get baptized and meet someone but not sure about this. I don’t really feel that I have anything in common with jws.

That will be the biggest mistake of your life. You should not get baptised, and not marry a JW. You will not be happy married to a JW, always playing second fiddle to an organization that you do not believe in. At the moment you can freely associate with family and come and go as you please. It all shifts to a new level if you were to ever be disfellowshipped. The best way to avoid being disfellowshipped is to avoid baptism.

• jam
    jam

Welcome, One question, someone mention "here you will find the truth about the truth".

Do you still believe it is the truth but it,s not for you. I ask because some have left thinking

it,s the truth and since they will be curse ( for leaving the borg.) anything goes.

A mistake many have made. These are the ones that run back to mother when

problems arise, all ways seeking but never coming to accurate knowledge.

Here you will find it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome. You are in a good position to just stay unbaptized and out of the religion/cult.

Either stay unreligious or don't tell your JW family if you are interested in other religions (or atheism). That way, you can still be okay for them to overlook your lack of progressing to baptism.

You should be okay with that for a long time. The only real snag you might get is that you will eventually want to marry someone. She might want a church wedding. But by then, your family will be used to you not being an actual JW.

Good luck to you.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Greetings and welcome to the group, 2tone! I think you've already answered one of your own questions, if you just listen to your own words:

One option is to get baptized and meet someone but not sure about this. I don’t really feel that I have anything in common with jws

Meeting a girl friend or wife is a poor reason to join any religion, let alone the Watchtower organization. Getting baptized isn't going to make it better, it often gets worse after that because the newness wears off

Having nothing in common is no foundation for a strong relationship, It wouldn't be fair to either one of you. There are too many stories of families broken apart because they disagree about this religion. If you have nothing in common with the Witnesses, do what jamiebowers said: find somebody outside the organization.

Glad to have you join us!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit