Hey everybody...Introduction

by 2tone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• 2tone
    2tone

Hello everyone, I’d like to introduce myself a little. I’ve been viewing the comments and topics on this website for about a month or two and have found it both interesting and enlightening. I can almost relate to about anything to anyone on here.

Born and raised a JW. Although I’m in my early twenties I never did get baptized. I thought about it when all my friends got baptised together around 15 and 16 but I didn’t want to do it just because everyone else was doing it. Although I remember how impressed the congregation was that such a excellent young group of witnesses they were. They all got married about 18-20 years of age, lol. Zero went to college. However, I went to college out of high school, recently finished my bachelors in four years. Already 99% more educated that people at my hall. Also make 99% more money that people I know lol, not that that is all there is to life but come on you need a steady income and job to live duh.

When I was starting college I was dating a witness who was baptized. I was flat out told by this person that they wanted someone more established and that would make more money. I thought this is out of line with what most jws want. Never felt like anyone from the hall wanted to date me. Guess I have no redeeming qualities. Good thing I never told anyone I receive a trust when I turn 25. I’m sure those people would have thought differently of me. That first person destroyed me and I went downhill. I didn’t care anymore about anything. I was a virgin at this point about 18 years old. I let loose and never looked back and never got caught even till this day. I did drugs, sex, just about everything I could get my hands on. I loved every minute of it too. People always asked me why don’t I just get baptized and settle down with a nice jw. If only they knew how much fun id been having.

Currently I’m not sure what I want to do. I’m like a third generation JW. All of my immediate family is JW and most of my extended family is too. Still attend meetings, go out in service once or twice a month, never comment. Don’t think ive commented in 10 years. Not sure what I would classify myself as fader or what. One option is to get baptized and meet someone but not sure about this. I don’t really feel that I have anything in common with jws. I feel at this point they would just want to live off my salary. Other is to move away from family completely but I don’t really want to lose my family.

Not sure what else to say.

If anyone has any questions or ideas of stuff I could add to this, please feel free to post

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

You willl find yourself growing up very rapidly, as much as you can stomach, and you will find your power. Be positive.

Dogz

• Newborn
    Newborn

Hi and welcome and thanks for sharing your story. Like you, I was born a JW. I can relate to everything you say. I left 2,5 y ago and I've never been happier! Been doing at age 35 what most people do when they're 18

It just gets me so upset and angry every time to hear that you have to chose to belong to a sect that controls everything you do or else you'll lose your family. What kind of ultimate choice is that??!! coming from a "loving org/god"?? It's a joke!

Please don't get baptized just to please your family. Remember you'll never be free and you're still very young to get married. Wait and see...I'm sure the right decision will come to you. Seems as if you have a good life going for you.

You seem like a strong person and I'm glad you had the guts to be and do different from the other young people in your cong. I got baptized at 16 and married at 22. I was never happy. Now I'm divorced and soon too old to have children of my own...

Just saying you should think twice. Keep us updated.

All the best
    Newborn

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Yes ....

Another one that didn't make the mistake of baptism. There are not many of us around. That was the only clever thing I ever did in relation to this cult.

My family still talks to me even though I ask awkward questions, a luxury you will be denied from the day you get baptised.

Do yourself a big favour ........ Stay unwashed

Welcome to the forum

Cheers

Chris

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome 2tone

Thanks for sharing your story. Shows how little JWs know about each other, however they are so quick to judge.

I don’t really feel that I have anything in common with jws. ... Other is to move away from family completely but I don’t really want to lose my family.

I hope you can somehow keep your family and be true to yourself. I have left cold turkey, no fading, just BANG out the door never to return. This religion made me sick to my stomach once I truly saw it as pure BS. Some family have started to shun me by just being colder and not calling anymore etc.. Others treat me 100% the same. Every person goes through different experiences.

Have you though of fading slowly from the meetings until people are use to idea that you are not there? Family might not shun you as you are not baptised...

3Mozzies

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Hi 2tone & welcome to the board, where you will find the truth about the troof

Kevin

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Hi Welcome

I have a beautiful young niece who is going to University, although babtised she is figuring out this whole truth. It makes me happy to see the younger ones take care of their finances. I wish I could have a few years back to get ahead. (No time like the preasent)Welcome to the boards if you have any family with really old libraries go do some searching. pull the 68 and 69 awakes for a start. Very eye opening!

Sounds like you are going to figure it out!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Not only is there "no time like the present" there is for all intents and purposes no time BUT the present. Now is all we have. Live, learn, love, laugh. And never join a mind control cult.

Good luck 2tone. Stay true to yourself.

• snakeface
    snakeface

Hi and welcome.

Yeah whenever I met sisters they always were concerned with how much money I made. Not because they wanted a husband to support them so they could pioneer, but because they wanted a husband to support them so they could spend his money. I actually had sisters showing up at my front door because it was well known that I made a lot of money.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Welcome,

Don't get baptized. Learn as much as you can about wts history and doctrine. You went to collage so you'll smart enough to see through the lies. Don't marry a believing jw. You have a bright future outside of the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit