Hey everybody...Introduction

by 2tone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Don't get baptized. You have independence in you. You actually have already outgrown them. However, you need to learn even more about the facts of JWdom. Please Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz to learn the real history and facts how the organization works. Keep informing yourself and read. Then, later, marry someone independent like you, educated, financially stable, and not an active, unknowledgable JW.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi 2Tone,

Your'e not sure if you should get baptised?

Maybe this will help...........

"The May 15, 1970 (p. 309) and May 1, 1973 (p. 280) issues printed slightly revised vows. The newest baptismal questions were set forth in the June 1, 1985 (p. 30) Watchtower:

(1) On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?"

c

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for sharing you story.I would also advise not to get baptised .
    You seem to care about your family,but if you get dunked & anyone finds
    out about your feelings,they will surely disfellowship you.

I think your have your head on right about educating yourself,but I have had a
    group of over 700 after they left the cult.Some of them also did the 'drug" trip
    & have found out that can be as demanding as the WT,IT tells YOU what to do!
    instead of you having mastery over it!!! Yes I am the Granny on board.
    Many hate to listen to Grannies comments . But grey headed people USUALLY

know from whence the advice comes from....

OLD MOUTHY

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I think you should do a great deal more investigation into the organization before you decide on such a serious step as baptism. Making a vow of that nature shouldn't be made without all the facts. If your doctor told you that you had a serious disease, would you simply take his instructions, or would you take the time to do a little research to find out more about the disease, and your treatment options? Would you take medicine that you had not even read the insert for?

It is only the foolish who blindly follow. I know. I'm one who did.

Remember, it's like a gang. Blood in, blood out.

• scary21
    scary21

Don't get baptised, you could for SURE lose your family some time down the line. Slowly fade, or move a short drive away...

good luck I mean fortune lol

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Ding dong it! Why are there so many greedy chicks out there as they give the rest of us a bad name? Besides, making a nice wage and being a strong JW almost never happen in real life.

NLW's wife

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

What do you feel you must do???

Honestly!

You may find your answer.

Welcome aboard.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome to your spiritual journey.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Yes Welcome! This board is pretty cool. They sure welcomed me!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. Why not look for a "worldly" girl? If you move a distance away you can fade for real ad go on with your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit