Is the WTBTS having cash flow problems?

by JW GoneBad 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

No Ap, just a clarification, only the congregation that has the KH and lot in their territory form a non-profit corporation, If the building is shared by one or more other congregations, they don't form a corporation.

Also I have seen congregations defy the CO's (WTS) suggestion to sell, remodel, loan money from their savings to another congregation, etc. Of course, the WTS could dissolve that congregation and send the members to other congregations, put the KH in another more agreeable congregation's territory, but that could be counterproductive.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they have become the very pharasees that they talk bad about in EVERY manner possible.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Weren't they going to buy a large plot of land near Warwick, NY? I thought they were going to build a facility even bigger than Patterson??

• factfinder
    factfinder

Scott77- I tried for years to get an annual financial report on the WT. I can't. Seems they are not required to make these figures available to the public and so don't. I gave up donating to them years ago when they refused to answer my requests for a breakdown in how the donations are used.

If anyone ever finds any of this information I'd love to see it!

• factfinder
    factfinder

@TheListener- They are planning to greatly expand the WEC by over 904,000 Sq feet! And they are planning to add nearly 400,000 sq ft to wallkill bethel. As far as I know they still plan to build the complex in Warwick, NY and at Ramapo- but it all depends on their getting tax-exempt status.

But even if they sell off their Brooklyn properties and get a fortune for it- that money won't last forever and they have no other property as valuable that they could sell in the future.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

OMG that's crazy! I havent' been to the convention for the past two or three years but man I don't remember Credit Cards being used... I remember they mentioned you could make out our checks to watchtower for donations and that we could use it on our taxes if it was more then a certain amount.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:It made me wonder if the Society is having 'cash flow' problems and hence is desparate for cash. Over the years that I've attended conventions and assemblies the need to give $$$ has been subtle (IMO), til now.

Yes, they have cash-flow problems.

Normal people don't like nor do they want to buy the shit they produce. Nowadays dubs don't even like nor want buy the shit they produce like they did in the past. Since the WTS got boondoggled in the Jimmy Swagart trial, they can only ask for donations, and dubs are cheap bastards. But they are only cheap bastards because their religious masters are cheap bastards. So being cheap bastards has back-fired on their religious masters in a big way.

Want some popcorn so we can both watch and enjoy Karma at work, my friend?

Farkel

• Heaven
    Heaven

Once thing for certain, I'm not "donating" anymore of my hard earned dollars to a corporation that has no respect for women. Women account for the majority of the rank and file members, so if they don't respect me, they don't respect my money and it stays in my pocket.

SlipnSlide... I like your thinking. You Go Girl !

• Heaven
    Heaven

Speaking of Karma, I thought this is rather illustrative of the Watchtower:

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Haha that's a cute picture Heaven! Love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit