Is the WTBTS having cash flow problems?

by JW GoneBad 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

This beautiful spirtual sister donated her land to the org because she lived next door with the deal that the KH would be constructed and she could live right next to it all the days of her life. Well....After 17 years the brothers SOLD her land and built a hall much furthur away. She was so disgusted that she changed states. They lied to her.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "This beautiful spirtual sister donated her land to the org because she lived next door with the deal that the KH would be constructed and she could live right next to it all the days of her life. Well....After 17 years the brothers SOLD her land and built a hall much furthur away. She was so disgusted that she changed states..."

Changed states??? Damn, I would have changed religions....

• Heaven
    Heaven

What expenses do they have??? :

The Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund has to be one of the biggest expenses they have.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Ahhh, beggin' hard huh ?

ain't nothin' volunteer in this Org. pretty soon they will be passin' the money

plate around, that will open eyes quicker than the generation change.

• stapler99
    stapler99

Botzwana, I reckon that goes to show that you shouldn't make conditional donations to an organization you are unwilling to sue. Suing the local congregation would probably result in instant disfellowshipping, I expect.

• bobld
    bobld

Two faced liars.They say we don't pass the collection plates like other religions.We don't fleece the people etc etc.

We pass resolutions for money, we get way more money this way.Why are they selling off good recently reno bldgs in NY and bldging new ones.Just like any realtor it is a way of making big money.

Yes at a recent c.a. any surplus goes to the big ass in NY.I for one could never understand why it costs so much to hold a c.a. in our own hall when it costs less to hold it in a rented facility.

They ask us to donate for the upkeep,we paid for the hall.we hold meetings on sunday which we aready paid for.We paid for the supplies.we paid the utilities.When you consider what they charge for a c.a. it amounts to 75,000 per month or over 800,000 a year.and is higher depends how many attend.In our area in 3 years you can bldg a new hall.

B

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sir82:

No problem. Arizona, USA (our old stomping grounds). My wife & I are here visiting family who are not JWs . We're going to miss our scheduled C.A. in a couple of weeks due to other obligations + some close friends were on the program. So we decided to go. What an eye opener!

tresducu:

I wouldn't say this is a temporary thing or pilot program. As I said I've noticed this call for $$$ via debit/credit card charges on a smaller scale for the last year or so. If anything I think it is past the pilot stages. Why? The Sociey knows that the average John Doe publisher will put loose change (ones, fives maybe tens in the cardboard contribution boxes). That is peanuts to the greedy Society.

However, you make debit/credit card charges available to the friends & what do you get? Donations of $ 75, $ 100, $ 500 and more at a pop! The Society could give a rat's behind about causing more indebtedness to JW families during these difficult financial days!

I kid you not, when I walked into the lobby & saw these debit/credit card tables set up, it was like the sound of cash registers ringing in my head!

What must the 'Master Of The Harvest' think now of those who he has entrusted with his belongings? I venture to guess this taking advantage of the flock will be short lived.

That is why I'm interested in knowing if others have observed the same at the circuit assemblies they have attended.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

JWGB Was this at the new assembly hall in Casa Grande?

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iam extremely and shocked and appalled by the increasing level of hypocrisy on the part of the WTS. I recall studying the bible to become a JW in the 90s. It was a PE Book or Live ForeEver Book or Paradise book, Red Color. In comparing JW religion and that of non JW religions, my instructor strongly castigated the Catholic church for passing around a plate to solicit donations. Months later, an Awake! Magazine run an unflattering article about selected religious leaders and their wealth in the United States complete with full color pictures. I think it was about mega churches and TV Evangelists. OMG! Look now, the WTS is not even ashamed of practicing what it teaches. Thank you JW Gone Bad for bring up this thread. Its more relevant for the real.

Scott77

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Those begging guilt trip talks at the CA used to really get to me...

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit