Is the WTBTS having cash flow problems?

by JW GoneBad 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

3dogs1husband:

Wish I could satisfy your curiosity. But there are some undesirables out there that would like to pick up my scent. If you get my drift.

I will say this. I wanted to take some pics using my wife's high tech phone (as I didn't have mine), but she was a little nervous about it.

So if you, or you know of someone who you can trust that is going to be attending soon, have them be on the look out (they were rather bold about it at my location) so they can get some shots to share on this board or on YouTube for that matter.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I really love the fact that they are getting into the faces of the rank & file.

Lately on this forum there have been experiences at conventions, elder & ms schools, and letters that have really ratcheted up the pressure on the sheep.

This money thing is just another sign, I feel, that let's us know they know that they are in trouble.

I really feel that the numbers are really in negative growth territory and they don't know what to do.

There have been some great opinions on this post as to what will happen if this continues.

Great post! Love it that the pressure is on the borg.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Many wonder if the Society has over extended itself (something they warn the R & F of) with real estate holdings and now they are wanting the flock to bail them out so to speak.

They should of stuck to the business of 'preaching the word' instead of going into real estate development! I would say that the 'Lord' is not to happy with them right about now.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Well, actually, if the WTS bought during the credit bubble that burst a couple years ago, then that would make sense if their holdings plummeted and they are in crisis mode financially. Of course, that bit of intel would be locked up so tight I doubt our 'insiders' would know.

Or would they? Hmmmmm....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing is certain. No matter how much they need it, they aren't getting even a penny out of me. They will not be getting me to swipe my card, either. They don't produce any value for me, and they expect field circus out of me (and wonder why they get none)--why should I be willing to do anything for them?

And they wonder why I don't even show up at all. One sure way to not donate anything is by not going at all. And they are not getting my account number. Bonus: If you don't show up at all, they can't count you as being in attendance, and the amount of "rent" they account for as being owed goes down. Another bonus: By not going at all, you get the use of your time to do other things instead of wasting it listening to someone speaking the same things you heard 18 billion times before.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Lettem stand at the corner with a kettle and a bell..

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Everyone is having cash flow problems.

Rumor has it that to cut down on the expense of fuel, the next version of the Pope-Mobile will be a hybrid.

Rub a Dub

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

the wts has been taking cedit cards and debit cards at ca's and conventions for at least the last 5-10 years. a have been begging for $$$$$$$$ since I was a kid back in the 1960's The WTS IS LOADED WITH $$$$$$$$$$$ they are just greedy and want it all...

• Listener
    Listener

Either this is a testing time for the org or a clear warning that they are not doing the right thing with the belongings that they thought they were once entrusted with.

Rather than putting their trust in God the org is running to the R & F for help, I doubt this will work. It should be obvious to them (or in their words - evident/apparent) that they need to re-evalue their whole establishment. The flood light is shining but they are blinded.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

In the end, the building is owned by the WTS, thanks to a cool trick that involves incorporating each congregation - which allows them to operate as a charitable organization in its own right, but with built in payments to the WTS (makes it sound like a franchise).

Can someone elaborate on this or corroborate it? I still have a hard time believing that somehow if a Kingdom Hall mortgage were to be paid off completely, that somehow the Watchtower would be the owner of the Hall. To me this sounds like an xJW urban legend.

I think their real M.O. is when a Hall is close to being paid off, telling the congregation its time for either a new Hall or an expensive remodel project. I have seen this happen in almost every Hall I have attended.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit