Video: Jehovah's Witness Elders Lie and Call Police

by leavingwt 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Honestly, you get that close to me and start talking shit like that, and you WILL be seeing stars and quite possibly meet Jesus face to face.

Fuck that guy.

JDW

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Everyone knows they shun ex-members. And if one member is a liar, what is the connection with the GB? The attack is too personal and not doctrinal enough. It's the GB and their goons who are the enemy and not all elders are a...oles.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I cringed through the whole thing. That is not the way that those of us who are opposed to the Watchtower Society should be treating the brothers and sisters. They are not the enemy. They need us to show them the love that they are not getting from the elders and Governing Body. That brother that was this guy's target did not deserve that kind of abuse - no one does. That brother was there trying to do God's work.

Calling people "liars," even when they are lying, tends to be counter-productive. While I give the "apostate" credit for having big cajones and trying to expose the Watchtower's lies about its shunning and disfellowshipping teachings, he was way over the top and completely out of bounds on this video. Not good. Not good at all.

I remember as a young JW going to the larger conventions in New York and San Francisco that we would often be approached by pickets and pamphleteers outside the arenas and stadiums. Some were abusive and would try to block our paths. Our reaction was that this was just part of the persecution that all "true Christians" would have to endure. It only strengthened our resolve. Even when we would take a pamphlet, in most cases it would just promote some other religion that we knew was "false." The fellow in the video, even though his intentions are probably well-meant, is making our job as suppliers of information and support even harder. Our message will be tarnished by his lack of polish.

JV

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

I enjoyed the video, the guy has nerve . If more x jw's stood up to their tormentors (jw) family and friends. there would be less stories on boards like this one. From xjw's crying about their jw family is walking all over them like a DOORMAT. i FEEL THIS GUYS PAIN i'm sure he's being shunned and was walked on like a DOORMAT BEFORE. The whole point I get from this video , is this guy had enough and now he walks on jw's like they are DOORMATS. It's called a taste of their own medicine.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I kind of cringed too but he gave them every opportunity to answer and defend their views.Why didn't they?. They could have told him they would be happy to have a discussion with him later and set up a date. It would have been their chance to give a witness, and yet they didn't. All they could do was run away. I could tell the guy at the last was getting aggitated and wanted to speak up but I believe fear of what he would say held him back.

So he may not have done it the way you or I would have done it..gotta give the guy a pat on the back for making them look stupid.

He did overdo it calling them liars and how they should be ashamed of themselves..but he probably got carried away..

Really not the reaction I would have expected from them. They have changed for the worse over time. It's been a while since I have been around any witnesses. When I was going they would have been courteous and offered some scriptural reasons..at the drop of a hat. Maybe those brothers are so used to following a script they can't speak/think for themselves anymore. It was their job to supply scriptural reasons why shunning is done or their reasons to state absolutely we don't teach it..and yet they did neither..remember it is their job to witness...

JMO Snoozy

I vote to leave the video up.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Of course the guy is right but his approach to go right in front of a Kingdom Hall and cause a disturbance like that does

nothing to support the argument, certainly not in a positive way.

You cant go to any church and stand at the front doors accosting people as they leave or enter,

not unless you want to be arrested for making a disturbance at a public meeting place.

F..k some ex-jws are stupid.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

He certainly is confrontational.

I remember an ex-JW that that is a member here, came to a JW site I went to (when I was a JW)

We all thought she was batshit crazy,

but funny how the things she said way back then came to mind as I was exiting, hey Skally if you are lurking.

purps

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Loved the video.

Looking forward to the next one.

It's called a taste of your own medicine.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

purplesofa; yes sf (skally) was a ball of fire. but she knew her stuff. She used to tear jw's apart on the old yahoo chat board. she would make the jw's look like dopes. she was a high energy , knowledgable apostate machine. with an edge. I will never forget her.

• Rank&FileGuy
    Rank&FileGuy

This type of behavior just feeds into the witnesses persecution complex and is defeating IMHO. You need to get them THINKING. In a calm manner ask them QUESTIONS that they can't answer or that cause cognitive dissonance. The key is to get them asking their own questions and doing their own research apart from the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit