Video: Jehovah's Witness Elders Lie and Call Police

by leavingwt 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

(Via Free Minds)

Jehovah's Witness Elders Lie and Call Police

On October 31, 2010 Jehovah's Witnesses elders lie when asked by Charles Huff, also a Jehovah's Witness, if they shun ex-members of the Jehovah's Witnesses' religion. Some elders refuse to answer the question and then threaten to call the police. Charles Huff stood his ground and continued asking them if they shunned ex-members or not, and then rightly called them liars and cowards and affirmed that he would be ashamed also if he shunned ex-members as they do. They lied to the very end of the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvXg1-SdE0s

http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/shunning/jehovah-s-witness-elders-lie-and-call-police.html

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This tactic/style is a bit over-the-top and counter-productive, IMHO.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I agree with you, leavingwt.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Let's see...he has a beard and he's yelling at the elders? And he's supposedly a JW? Yeah - who's lying now?

• nelly136
    nelly136

10 out of 10 to them for coming across as reasonable and friendly while dealing with a confrontational person.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Georgiegirl, well I know him. He is ex JW.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Perhaps I am missing it, but I don't hear any lies. The only one that comes close is the man who says we encourage anyone ... but then he is interrupted.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Hey asi - that was just me, being sarcastic. The intro says he IS one of JWs, which is obviously not true. But yes, way over the top.

• cofty
    cofty

He made the attack personal - that was a big mistake.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I'm a little disappointed that this video is given home page real estate on freeminds. It seems more inflamatory than balanced. JWN is for heated arguments, freeminds should stick to informational IMHO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit