Medical Cannabis

by mrsjones5 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Sounds great, dssynergy. I found the same thing. Lifted me right up. It was just after a little more than two years of steady use I had to find another way because it had the effect of magnifying depressive thoughts. But the same kind of thing happens after long term use of alternative prescription drugs if I am not mistaken. My understanding is you're not supposed to stay on Prozac more than 12 months, although a lot of people do anyway. But only because it is man-made vs natural I suspect it may be a more dangerous drug than cannabis. I don't know for sure. I am sure there are many people who have been using cannabis for much longer than I did who always find the effects enjoyable.

You just need to decide that you don't plan to keep doing this drug for the rest of your life, because it has the potential to mess you up a bit. Another side effect I remembered after making my first post in this thread is I had experienced what you might consider lost days while using it. Not blackouts, nothing like that. Marijuana alters time perspective. It can seem like time is dragging while on the high side of the experience but when you come down in a few hours it can almost seem like it was only minutes ago you smoked up. Smoke more than once a day, as many casual users do, parts of the whole day can disappear from your memory in a blurr. You can have confidence in yourself that you will not do anything stupid while high, so there's little concern there. But you should also not do anything you absolutely must remember doing, because if you get stoned enough there is no guarantee you will in fact remember what you did. If you read a book, you may need to reread it later. If you watch a television program you may need to watch it again. I guess you can call that a negative side-effect, although some people actually like getting high and watching the same thing over and over again on TV. Great way to spend your time. Using even just a little alcohol with cannabis accentuates the high and time distortions, so I seldom drank more than a couple of beers while on it. Use it with a lot of alcohol and it can really mess you up. Edit: Which is to say, if you have a bit of an alcohol problem now, I recommend you don't smoke cannabis.

I guess I'm up to $0.04.

edit $0.06. Last one, promise.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

One more caution that I learned in my course in psychiatric nursing. In certain people, usually those prone to mental illness, marijauna can trigger episodes of psychosis. I don't know how often this happens, statistically, but it is just something to be aware of and to watch for. One more possible side effect.

That being said, I'm sure there are many who take it who never have such problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit