Medical Cannabis

by mrsjones5 32 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

i know someone who uses it for pain, theyre not a smoker so they eat it instead.

Thanks for the link Nelly, I suggested that to my husband as an alternative to smoking.

I suggest looking into buying a vaporizer, which heats the weed only enough to release the medicine without making smoke. Quite a bit easier on the lungs.

That's a cool idea Newlight, thanks. I'll look into and inform my husband about that option too.

Just remind him to be careful about mentioning who shared their medical supply with him.

Not a problem OTWO, that info is totally on the downlow.

Tell your husband that the little burn in the back of his throat could have been caused by the grower not flushing the roots of his plants with water to get the nutrients he had fed them out of their system. It shouldn't bite like that in the back of the throat. Also if it happens to pop at all when it's lit, that can signal that there are still chemical nutrients present in the bud.

Thank you for the info and the links TPT. Hubby's friend knows the grower personally and we'll pass on the tip.

Use a bong.

It's that similiar or the same thing as a hoopa(h)?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and words of kindness and encouragement.

I love the smart folks we got here on JWN.

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

One other thing I forgot to mention MrsJones ... I also read that often times the "bite" in the back of the throat can be attributed to residual flint from the lighter being used. Flint residue traveling through the flame and being inhaled. There are some YouTube videos on the subject. As an alternative, some people who try to keep things organic use a glass sphere like a magnifying glass to light their bud and thus eliminate the presence of flint etc.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Present Truth,

You're reading too much into it. The bite or scratchy feeling in the back of the throat is most of the time caused by the quality of the weed. Some smoke finer than others, that's why bongs are so popular because it's great at cooling down the smoke.

Like the comment you made about flushing is irrevelant when you don't know if he's smoking soil growned.

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

NomadSoul ... flushing is stil necessary in soil if your feeding the plant chemical nutrients. Soil is just the growing medium, like clay pellets are, or any of the other various methods used in hydroponics. The chemical nutrients are what are sucked up into the plant. Most indoor growers who take it seriously are going to recommend a flush prior to harvest whether it's a soil grow or hydro. True i don't know if his came from a soil grow or not, but it is a factor that can be taken into consideration. Ditto on the bongs.

Thread on flushing: http://www.gardenscure.com/420/planting-indoors/141418-when-start-flushing.html

You can search that forum for threads on the subject ..."flushing soil grow" .... I came up with 103 pages of threadswhere it is discussed. Plants get a build up of that stuff if that's what they're being fed. it's much healthier to flush it out of them. Our bodies get build ups of things too. It's just the way it is.

By the way, after following that forum for a good long time, getting to know who's a serious legal medical grower and who's just messing around, and actually seeing their grows chronicled in pictures ...you begin to realize who knows their stuff and who doesn't.

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Now soil grown as in outdoors, planted in the ground where the growing medium is not in a confined space - that may be an exception to flushing. Most serious medical growers aren't going to be growing like that though. Too many variables that can't be controlled. If I were a grower I'd never risk a crop to the outdoor elements.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Present Truth,

That is just overkill in explaining the scratchy throat. I think he's smoking it, not growing it. lol Sometimes smoking it is different from reading articles on it.

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Perhaps you're right NS ... just remember that what you smoke is grown by someone, and the process they use, and strains involved will determine your overall experience. It's kind of like someone being able to cook or not being able to cook. The act of eating two different meals can be the same, the ingredients can be the same, but how they're brought together in the process determines the overall result of the entree and enjoyment of the meal.

Big difference between ditch weed and something that's been cultivated by a pro. Don't ask how I know.

• only me
    only me

Sometimes the prescription calls for other drugs to be added to the marijuana, my SIL has recurrent brain tumors and I know they lace the pot with other drugs for him. His come through the vaporizor, but I think the doctor or pharmacist should be consulted on the best method of use for the individual.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Well it's like any product. If you buy it from one place and you don't like it you go to the next business. And you're totally right, it's a skill to grow it.

But I do really believe in this case it has nothing to do with the quality of the weed, but just the fact that it's his first time.

And don't knock down ditch weed, lol If that's only you can afford you can still make it easier to smoke.

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

You're right NS ....afterall, all strains were essentially ditch weed (wild growing) before man learned how to enhance the growth of the plant.

You're right on there being ways to make it more user friendly. Hopefully MrJones can find a good fit and start enjoying the plant of the gods.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit