Creationist Theme Park: "Ark Encounter"

by leavingwt 91 Replies latest social current

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    "a first-century Middle Eastern village"
    I think they have their dates wrong, first century middle eastern village is like 2000 years off. They might as well put an Armenian Los Angeles house of 2010, I dont think believers would notice.,
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    * pictures of small ancient cities full of people in the bottom of the toilets to encourage the children to flush.

Bohm that was the best.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I would love to visit that park and pester the guides with questions...

"So, how much lumber did it take to build that 'ark'???"

(wah wah, wah wah wah - think "Charlie Brown"...)

"Oh, really? So a LOT of lumber went into that building??"

(Wah wah wah...)

"Well, since "Noah" apparently lived in the Middle East, WHERE the heck did 'he' get ALL that lumber???"

(Wah wah wah wah wah...)

"Also, what kind of tools did Noah have???"

(Wah wah wah...)

"Oh, really??? Well, if he had STONE tools, then how could he and his family POSSIBLY cut down and shape and dress ALL that lumber in that amount of time??? Have you ever USED stone tools?? It takes a LONG time just to shape a dugout with stone axes and tools... "

"On the other hand, if he used BRONZE tools, then why do other Bronze-age settlements in the Middle East show NO evidence of massive flooding?? In fact, some of them were continuously inhabited during the time period within which "Noah's" flood supposedly occurred..."

(Aw, wah wah wah wah wah PAGAN/EVOLUTIONIST/LIBERAL/DEMOCRAT...!!!!)

Zid

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Tammy as awaken said, the young earth position has nothing to do with the flood.

• tec
    tec

Yeah, CJ... its all good. I caught that. (the flood is still kind of a young earth position, I suppose, in terms of life starting from scratch only 4-5 000 years ago).

Tammy

• whereami
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I think I'll go to Disneyland instead...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Leo: "antediluvian cuisine"

Perhaps vegan cuisine will finally make it big in the Bible Belt!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here's an idea... Instead of a theme park, why doesn't Answers in Genesis build a real Ark, using the same methods Noah used, fill it full of roughly the same number of animals, and enlist eight people to care for the collection for a year while floating in the ocean?

Think of the powerful message that would send. Most people skeptical of the young earth and global flood claims of creationists are skeptical partly because they don't believe the story of Noah is physically possible.

If AiG is going to spend tens of millions of dollars, why spend it on ice cream stands, fancy landscaping and theme park kitsch?

Put Creation "Science" to the test, do the experiment, and show the world Noah's Ark is truly possible!

http://arkencounterwatch.com/

• truthlover
    truthlover

LWT:----If they floated it, it would not make money as would the land locked ark and theme park...

As a thought -- who says the animals had to be fully grown -- as Noah and the family were in the ark for a year -- the animals could have been brought on as babies...a lot less weight and less hay to feed them with,less poop to scoop... with seedlings on board all all this manure, they would have perfect gardens too for fresh foods and veggies-- just a thought - off the wall -- but with chicken, duck eggs and fruit and veggies - which they could have started before they got on board the ark since it took them estimated over 50 years to build...a lot of planning could be done in that time -- think of the survivalists today and the great plans and efforts they have.....

Zedinna:-- as to Noah having to build with ark with stone tools - check out Gen 4:22 -- Tubal Cain was a worker of every sort of tool both in copper and iron- so they knew forging techniques that would aid in the cutting and forming of trees... Tubal Cain lived hundreds of years before Noah and his sons-the knowledge would be passed on thru the family lines..

The middle east today is not what was there 6000 years ago - topography and land was totally different.. think of the tall trees of Mamre

think of Eden being covered with grasses and trees - it covered a large area according to some historians and acheologists, Noah built the ark in that area - as a matter of fact, most of the biblical history came out of that area... reference bible says it was probably gopher wood or cypress- resinous trees that would naturally dispell water as that is what the ark was sealed with...

TL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit