Creationist Theme Park: "Ark Encounter"

by leavingwt 91 Replies latest social current

• tec
    tec
    So how many "kinds" of beetles are there?

You said there were over 400 000 species of beetle. But they are all still beetles, right? So by that thought, and with only two or seven pairs of beetles (don't know if they were clean or unclean) and the same for every other kind of creature, that tends to make the idea of space in the ark more feasible. Then different types of beetles mate together, producing another type, and more and more types according to evolution of species in regards to need and/or environment.

I can't wait for the wet burka contests!

Did the Israelite women wear burkas?

Tammy

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Tammy, do you know how many millions of years it would take for those 400,000 beetles to evolve? Much longer than 4,000 years (according to the Bible's dating of the flood)

• tec
    tec

according to the Bible's dating of the flood -

Yes, and there's still all sorts of things about that account that go against what science says for now, and of course we're still assuming that the global flood was more than just their perception of the world at that time... But... how does the bible date the flood to four thousand years ago? I think that's an assumption people get from whatever, but that doesn't mean its true.

But all I was saying (and even what the bible says) is that different kinds were on the ark; not every type of different kind of creature on the earth today.

Tammy

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Your tax dollars at work - working to debunk evolution to the tune of $37 million in government subsidies.

• bohm
    bohm

But they are all still beetles, right?

Is there only one beetle kind?

• sir82
    sir82
    we're still assuming that the global flood was more than just their perception of the world at that time

But the Bible says it definitely was global:

Genesis 7:18-20 (New International Version, ©2010)

18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits.

Or does "all" not mean "all", and "entire" not mean "entire"?

And the chronology is based on the book of Genesis as well, as it gives the lifespans of Noah, Shem....Abraham, Isaac, Jacob...etc.

Or is the flood account accurate, while the chronology is not?

This is all very confusing! Which words don't mean what they mean, and which stories are accurate and which ones are inacurate, when they are all from the same book?

• tec
    tec

Sir82 - I never said it was or was not a (literal) global flood. Only that we could misunderstand (and almost certainly do misunderstand) the full connotations of this story - as partially evidenced by the fact that kinds has been assumed to mean each and every type of animal, insect, bird, reptile, etc, on the face of the earth. And I have no idea about the chronology - only fundamentalists seem to think that (based on this chronology of these men?) that the earth is six thousand years old.

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Is there only one beetle kind?

I don't know anything about beetles so its a hard example for me to use. But if we're talking about spiders, don't we say that they are all arachnids - and then every spider that follows, comes from this arachnid family?

Tammy

• Lore
    Lore
    So by that thought, and with only two or seven pairs of beetles (don't know if they were clean or unclean) and the same for every other kind of creature, that tends to make the idea of space in the ark more feasible.

2 or 7 pairs?

So you're saying that in 4500 years ago we had a grand total of 14 beetles on the planet, and since then they have evolved into everything including Ladybugs, scarabs, rhino beetles, dung beetles, June Bugs and everything HERE: http://www.koleopterologie.de/gallery/index.html

In under 5k years?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Related. . .

This topic reminded me of one of my favorite videos.

Dr Michael Shermer and Dr Georgia Purdom talk at the Creation Museum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_CLIGJW6Ic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit