Creationist Theme Park: "Ark Encounter"

by leavingwt 91 Replies latest social current

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Dang it, I want to see some dead and bloated floating corpses in that amusement park!

I mean, thats what it really was all about, exterminating humans, so why leave that part out?

It blows me away the amount of childrens books, toys and decoration that represent Noah and the ark, all because its a story with lots of animals, it's disgusting.

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

Great point. They can't leave out all the dead babies floating around. Lets make this amusement park as realistic as possible.

• bohm
    bohm

* The could be a wack-a-mole inspired game with "evil wordly people" instead of moles. Instead of points you increase the current year untill you reach the "armageddon"-level ca. 2019.

* pictures of small ancient cities full of people in the bottom of the toilets to encourage the children to flush.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

On a serious note, a question to the US posters; How long do you think 'til this place is over-ran with tumbleweed? Will people seriously still be visiting this place in 5 or 10 years? I see lots of stories about fundies' fervour and the general population being practising church-going christians. I just find it totally bizarre. I don't think it'd happen in europe. Then again, europe is evil.

• designs
    designs

France= No Creationist Parks

Arkansas= 6 Creationist Parks

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

From the website:

# The Walled City: This 14-acre area depicts the lifestyle of the people of Noah’s day.

I've always wondered what the life and times of antediluvian society was like. Now I know where to go!

This walled city includes period shops, restaurants, and venues that bring to life the city and times in which Noah lived, including his house.

Wow, I can't wait to learn what antediluvian cuisine and shopping was like! And what Noah's own house looked like! I'm sure badboy would squeal with delight.

This walk-through of the Ark will enable each guest to gain an understanding of how it could have been built, and how Noah, his family, and all of the representative kinds of land animals were cared for, and then survived on board for 370 days of the Flood and its aftermath.

Only "representative kinds" were allowed on board the Ark, as there would be no room for anything more. No word however on what kind of hyper evolution would be required to yield the current diversity of life on earth from these few "representative kinds".

This area will be similar to a petting zoo, complete with barns, a petting animal area,

Will there be biological waste strewn throughout the area, as there would have been on a real Ark filled with thousands of animals under the care of just 8 caretakers?

# The Tower of Babel: Over 100 feet tall, this structure depicts how the tower may have looked after its completion.

LMAO...A building with its top in the heavens -- at a hundred feet.

Guests enter a highly themed interior and weave along a path that introduces exhibits on the origination of languages and people groups (so-called “races”).

I ain't touching this one.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    But if at some point in the past, an ark was created to hold some of the different kinds, then those kinds could have evolved to produce all the millions of species that we have today. I mean, that's a fact, right?

It's a fact that human technology precedes the evolution of all the millions of species on earth?

• Archimendes
    Archimendes

The flood of noah, anyone looked at the physics of it?

Here is a great write up of the flood, and what would actually happen with the flood

http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=390

The rote response to the physics of this seems to be what if the flood caused plate tectonics, the problem then would be why do mountains of the same sort of rock have different levels of erosion on them.

• designs
    designs

Just think of all the effort it takes to undo that kind of brainwashing in little kids minds.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

An editorial about this project from the Louisville Courier-Journal. . .

Moreover, in a state that already suffers from low educational attainment in science, one of the last things Kentucky officials should encourage, even if only implicitly, is for students and young people to regard creationism as scientifically valid. Creationism is a nonsensical notion that the Earth is less than 6,000 years old. No serious scientist upholds that view, and sophisticated analysis of the Earth's minerals and meteorite deposits generally lead to an estimate that the planet is about 4.5 billion years old. Furthermore, creationism teaches that the Earth (including humans) was created in six days, thus rejecting the well-established science of evolution.
    But if the Beshear administration is determined that Kentucky should cash in on its stereotypes — and wants to fight Indiana to snare the theme park — why stop with creationism? How about a Flat-Earth Museum? Or one devoted to the notion that the sun revolves around the Earth? Why not a museum to celebrate the history and pageantry of methamphetamines and Oxycontin? Surely a spot can be found for an Obesity Museum (with a snack bar).

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20101202/OPINION01/312020019/1055/OPINION/Editorial+|+Creationist+tourism

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit