Today's Watchtower study shows how desperate they are

by Mickey mouse 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

By the way, can you tell me what Watchtower that article is in (date and title of the actual Watchtower and of the article)?

Cheers,
    Carlos x

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hi Carlos,

It was in the September 15th 2010 Watchtower, article entitled 'Our Active Leader Today'.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

TheRevealer - "sorry myelaine, but the WTBS if by that you mean the people, are not on the "same page" on many things after many years. It is a fallacy proven by many who have been to different parts of the earth to witness the facts."

Good Point. There is a vast discrepancy between JW's in different congregations. I was shocked when I went to Bethel, as some of the elders there would take me to two of the best known pick up joints in Sydney, because it was ok to see and dance to live music in a bar (though clubbing was forbidden). Yet shortly before being in Bethel I was in a congregation in Thursday Island were I was not even allowed to go into the local pub for a beer.

• Heaven
    Heaven

TheRevealer - "sorry myelaine, but the WTBS if by that you mean the people, are not on the "same page" on many things after many years. It is a fallacy proven by many who have been to different parts of the earth to witness the facts."

On one of my visits back home to see my parents, they were using this 'opportunity' to preach (like they always did ) so I asked them both, point blank, at the same time:

"Is God directing the Watchtower?"

And at exactly the same time my Dad said "No." and my Mom said "Yes."

You should have seen the "Holy Crap!" look that went between them. It was priceless.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

It was a mentally painful meeting to sit through.

• carla
    carla

Do I have this correct? the wt's/other literature capitalizes 'Govering Body' but not the 'holy spirit'? Really?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear therevealer...

so if the GB says stop the presses and decide to print something different...it doesn't happen? because if it would happen...every congregation would be sent the new edict would it not?...personal opinions aside, if they were going along to get along then at least for appearance sake they would all be in agreement or on the same page. the changing doctrine and flip flops that people have gone along with for years proves that the majority would "change" their "beliefs" over night if the GB said to...and that kind of sudden "change" could not occur quickly in the protestant churches or the catholic church.

love michelle

• inbetween
    inbetween

we visited another congo this weekend, and the WTS conductor was just realy ridiculous.

at least 5 times he stressed how important it is to obey the governing body !! (compared to 2 times mentioning to obey jesus and jehova)

this was not even directly mentioned in the artcile, but he thought it important to brng it out time and again, really annoying.

even my wife, who still is fully in, was annoyed !

was hard to sit though this self worship article of the brooklyn guys...

• bob1999
    bob1999

"My question has been, for quite some time, since when does a slave have any authority?"

The WTS uses Matthew 24:45-47 where God places the slave, that is found doing the right thing upon His return, in charge of "all his possessions".

The text is a parable but the WTS wrongly takes it as a prophecy.

Peace

• inbetween
    inbetween

the lesson in the parable is for the slave, to behave right and responsible, not like the evil slave a few verses later.

The WTS turned it into a lesson for the "household" to obey the slave !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit