Today's Watchtower study shows how desperate they are

by Mickey mouse 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

With all the despairing information on the inter-net putting this organization under a magnifying glass,

its no wonder the GB would be a little nervous and paranoid.

The inter-net has changed the game for these guys so ramping up the self supporting propaganda

has become an asserting must.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Rules of a Religious Cult Leader(s)

1) Convince the masses, "I/we speak for God""

2) Tell the masses to "Sit down, Shut up, OR ELSE"

Yep, this is all about #1 today.

The cult leaders don't do it as abruptly as the above, they first love bomb, build common ground...and even in this Study Edition, there's a few sentances before to build up the Governing Body's authority.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    They recognize, however, that Christ is using a small group of anointed Christian men as a Governing Body to lead and direct his disciples on earth.—Read Acts 15:6, 28-30.

Gotta love the scriptural basis for that statement. A historical account of a one-off ad hoc meeting between apostles to settle a problem then facing them becomes a prooftext for the idea that today in the 21st century Jesus Christ in heaven is using a permanent small group of men on earth to disseminate "new light" and instructions, and that this group is to be identified as the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses at the headquarters of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

• Scully
    Scully

My question has been, for quite some time, since when does a slave have any authority?

• agonus
    agonus

Leo, it's still more Scripturally solid than the blood prohibition proof text...

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yes to Leolaia. It is almost funny to follow through on most of their bible texts. I have done that recently and have found in 100% of the cases being totally confused as to how the scripture supported what they were saying.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Leolaia...

actually if God needed to "cut to the chase" the WTBTS would be the only bible believing group that would ALL be able to be "on the same page" within a week or so world-wide...can't say as much for all the protestant denominations though...or catholics...

love michelle

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

David, you have every right to disagree.

This new focus on the Governing Body, independent of any reliance on the connection to the 'faithful and discreet slave', is a relatively recent development.

I think they are asserting their authority more and more because they see they are losing the iron grip over the r&f and as designs points out, they need to secure a position over and above the general anointed class.

• therevealer
    therevealer

sorry myelaine, but the WTBS if by that you mean the people, are not on the "same page" on many things after many years. It is a fallacy proven by many who have been to different parts of the earth to witness the facts.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

"Today, most congregation elders are of the other sheep. They are appointed after prayer and under the guidance of the holy spirit, so they too can be regarded as under Christ’s direction, or guiding hand."

Wow, really? Are you sure? I only ask because my sisters boyfriend was appointed an elder before they got married. I caught them shagging on more than one occasion before he became an elder and after he was appointed. Oh, they weren't married either at that point.

So, either they're lying, or the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society have proved my atheism to be correct!

I've got to write an article about this on JWB!

Regards,
    Carlos x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit