Today's Watchtower study shows how desperate they are

by Mickey mouse 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It seems as though at least one article in every issue of the study Watchtower is devoted to reinforcing the Governing Body's authority. This from pargraph 10:

10 Christ provides loving oversight of his congregations on earth by means of appointed elders. (Eph. 4:8, 11, 12) In the first century, all the overseers were spiritbegotten. They were depicted in Revelation as stars in Christ’s right hand. (Rev.1:16, 20). Today, most congregation elders are of the other sheep. They are appointed after prayer and under the guidance of the holy spirit, so they too can be regarded as under Christ’s direction, or guiding hand. (Acts 20:28). They recognize, however, that Christ is using a small group of anointed Christian men as a Governing Body to lead and direct his disciples on earth.—Read Acts 15:6, 28-30.

I counted the number of times the term 'Govening Body' was used in the current study Watchtower (5 articles in all). It occurred a total of 8 times.

They are loosing control and they know it.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I can't comment as to whether the incidence of reference to the GB has gone up, or down over the years in the WT. I was always too busy drooling, or counting the number of pimples on the back of brother Paininthearse's neck, to even take any notice.

Even so, that is a lot of times. Repetition for emphasis for all the zombies to take note.

• Gayle
    Gayle

When did they first do a Governing Body, with the capitals?

Have they ever done that when referring to the "faithful and discreet slave?" (Using capitals?)

• moshe
    moshe
    that Christ is using a small group of anointed Christian men as a Governing Body to lead and direct his disciples on earth.-

I read that, too- what happend to the Faithful and Discreet Slave in this process?- has the GB decided to quietly stop mentioning them? Will the brothers even notice that the GB calls their own shots now and doesn't need the F&DS to direct them? Of course, the F&DS was just an imaginary group- it never really existed in the WT org and no JW was ever identified personally, by name, with that group, either. But that never stopped the writing deptartment from putting flesh on a group that existed only as paper and ink in the WT. You can get by with a lot in WT land, when nobody asks for proof and facts to back up mere opinions of the elderly GB.

• designs
    designs

Finally they are telling the 'Rank and File' who really is in charge. The message to the growing number of Partakers is- 'Don't send Letters about what you think, we alone will tell you what is truth'.

• David2002
    David2002

Mickey Mouse wrote:

"10 Christ provides loving oversight of his congregations on earth by means of appointed elders. (Eph. 4:8, 11, 12) In the first century, all the overseers were spiritbegotten. They were depicted in Revelation as stars in Christ’s right hand. (Rev.1:16, 20). Today, most congregation elders are of the other sheep. They are appointed after prayer and under the guidance of the holy spirit, so they too can be regarded as under Christ’s direction, or guiding hand. (Acts 20:28). They recognize, however, that Christ is using a small group of anointed Christian men as a Governing Body to lead and direct his disciples on earth.—Read Acts 15:6, 28-30.

I counted the number of times the term 'Govening Body' was used in the current study Watchtower (5 articles in all). It occurred a total of 8 times.

They are loosing control and they know it."

Mickey - your assessment does not make any sense at all...the teaching that Jesus is using a group of anointed Christians as a GB has been always taught by the Witnesess based on the various NT descriptions of the 1st century Christian congregation. It is nothing new...that doctrine, based on the NT, has bee taught and emphasized for years. It has nothing to do with the GB losing control...I disrepectfully disagree with your opinion.

• poppers
    poppers

It has nothing to do with the GB losing control...I disrepectfully disagree with your opinion.

Why can't you respectfully disagree?

• therevealer
    therevealer

Sorry David2002. I started studying about forty years ago and I learned/was taught about the faithful and discreet slave class.

There always was a duality, one part dispensing food to the other and it was confusing, like a person serving himself. But not a gb. Not a few men teaching or controlling the rest.

Here is the matter as taught by the wt. *** it-1 p. 806 Faithful and Discreet Slave ***Thus the entire anointed Christian congregation was to serve in a united stewardship, dispensing such truths. At the same time the individual members making up such composite body, or the "domestics" making up the "house" of God (Mt 24:45; Heb 3:6; Eph 2:19), would also be recipients of the "food" dispensed. (Heb 5:11-14; compare 1Co 12:12, 19-27.) Expanded responsibility would result from faithfulness maintained until the master's promised 'arrival.'-Mt 24:46, 47; Lu 12:43, 44.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Any attempt to solidify their authority over the rank and file will be seen as circling the wagons against Satan's attacks. It is self assuring.

• flipper
    flipper

MICKEY MOUSE- If elders are appointed as this WT says , " after prayer and under the guidance of the holy spirit, so they too can be regarded as under Christ's direction , or guiding hand " - then my left testicle is a walnut. Many of the elders I dealt with ALWAYS gave their personal counsel off the shoulder to others, including myself, and EVERYTHING they counseled me was NOT in harmony with even the WT society's OWN publications !

I agree- the GB and WT society ARE losing control of these people and the up and coming younger crowd essentially are just staying in the witnesses for family & friends. Many disagree with the organizations teachings and beliefs and by their way of living are giving a proverbial " middle finger " to the GB anyway. Good for those people. I hope more & more witnesses wake up ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit