Today's Watchtower study shows how desperate they are

by Mickey mouse 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

[BTW..I just noticed that it is nine years ago to the day that I joined JWD ! Doesn't time fly? ]

All together now

Happy rebirth day to you, happy rebirth day to you, happy rebirth day dear BluesBrotherrrrrrrr, happy rebirth day to you!

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I think the WTS and the GB have painted themselves into a corner with the F&DS doctrine. They have to maintain control as the GB and have to speak for the F&DS in order to maintain control and ensure all doctrine is cleared through the members of the GB.

On the other hand, they can't say that only the GB is the F&DS because the account of Paul in the first century clearly shows he did not answer to anyone other than Jesus. They point that he met with a group of older men who acted as a "Governing Body", but that was only after Paul had been commissioned to preach by Jesus.

Therefore, they can't assume total control of the F&DS or they would clearly be puting themselves in the place of Jesus. Conversly, they have to assume control of doctrine and allow it to only come through them in order to keep control of what all members believe.

It's going to be quite a conundrum going forward. Especially with all of the articles pointing to the governing body as distributing spiritual food instead of the F&DS class.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Particularly since the new Kool-Aid edition is in use, the Watchtower makes clear mention of the Governing Body about every week. Last week you could have said, "Governing Body", as the correct answer to 3 of the review questions. It was the answer to one of the review questions yesterday.

I found it interesting at the DC this summer, in one of the talks (concluding?) that included a duscussion of "generation", the explanation was that the "Governing Body" and "Faithful Slave" recognized the meaning of "generation". The point being that the sheeples couldn't expect to understand "this generation" because Jesus was talking to the anointed. Frankly, the "other sheep" wouldn't understand anything without the "little flock"... sounds just like the Pharisees and Amharets. "Governing Body"= JW group pope.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

According to last weeks Leader Watchtower study to paraphrase...

What truly sets Jehovah's Witnesses apart from other religions is that they do not follow any human leader but instead follow the Christ. However, to follow the Christ and attain salvation you must follow and obey the leadership of 8 humans known as the Governing Body.

Make sense to you?

Thank goodness Jehovah's Witnesses do not follow any human leader now. Instead they have 7 old white guys and a brother who are self appointed. Holy spirit in action indeed.

It infuriated me when they claimed that Jesus is actively managing the 100,000 + congregations today. I tend to think that if Jesus was really involved in the management of the congregations they would be teaching what is right, and not hiding pedophiles.

SIAM

• sir82
    sir82

It infuriated me when they claimed that Jesus is actively managing the 100,000 + congregations today. I tend to think that if Jesus was really involved in

the management of the congregations they would be teaching what is right, and not hiding pedophiles.

Exactly!

They drone on and on about he is the "overseer" and is "dynamic and active".

But they never say what he actually does all day.

C'mon Watchtower! What exactly does Jesus do?

Give us some verbs besides "oversee" and "direct".

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

What truly sets Jehovah's Witnesses apart from other religions is that they do not follow any human leader but instead follow the Christ. However, to follow the Christ and attain salvation you must follow and obey the leadership of 8 humans known as the Governing Body.

I was under the impression there were 12 on the GB.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Nick,

Nope, there are Barr, Splane, Morris, Loesch, Herd, Peirce, Lett, and Jackson. These 8 self appointed men claim to collectively be the voice of God on earth today. Truly the worlds biggest scam.

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit