Flying to Orlando tomorrow, my daughter is in the hospital

by coffee_black 106 Replies latest jw friends

• under the radar
    under the radar

Hi Coffee!

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter Ali. By the way, she is gorgeous! I hope with all my heart that she recovers, and quickly! She is very lucky to have Mom flying to her rescue. Just knowing that her kids are being looked after properly will make her feel better.

Two things should ease your mind, even if just a little. First, since she's obviously an adult, her dad nor anyone else has any say in her treatment. So unless she invites them, the HLC and anyone else her dad's friends might send can just take a hike. And unless she has a current "Blood Card" on file with the hospital, her dad's religious convictions are completely irrelevant. In the absence of written proof otherwise, the doctors and hospital staff can safely assume she would want whatever treatment(s) will give her the best chance of a complete recovery. In fact, they would be remiss if they didn't pull out all the stops.

Second, even if she has pneumonia and her heart is enlarged due to the stress or whatever, the most likely course of treatment will be medication and rest and probably hydration... not surgery. With all the latest advances in medicine at their disposal, and since they apparently caught this situation relatively early, the doctors have an excellent chance of "fixing her up" real soon.

I know anything I could say would be little comfort to a worried mother, but rest assured that you and Ali have all the prayers and positive vibes your friends at JWN can muster coming your way. Take care of Ali and the little ones first, yourself too, of course, and then keep us informed as you have the chance. We're all there with you in spirit.

Warmest regards,

Radar

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am so sorry, what a stressful time for your family. Just know that my thoughts are with you and I will be hoping that you can have Thanksgiving with your grandchildren and at least have your daughter home with her family.

LITS

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Godspeed

Enjoy your patdown.

Healing thoughts are on their way.

Chris

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

We'll be wishing you and your family well.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Shocking news, prayers on the way. Im glad she has you.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Wish and pray you a safe trip to and from. I wish and pray your daughter a speedy recovery. Hopefully your boyfriend only burns the turkey and not the house down.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

What a great mother you are! I'm sure she will be so happy to have you at her side

I hope she has a quick recovery.

• bluesky3074
    bluesky3074

good luck for u and your daughter.

• tec
    tec

Strength to you and your daughter. I'm glad you're going down to be with her!

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

May JAH bless and keep you, dear CB (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!)... and your dear daughter.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit