As a JW, what did you do on Christmas Day?

by Magwitch 65 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

My family are Jewish so nothing special happens on Christmas. (I feel jealous of all of you that have a wonderful holiday with the tree, presents, decorations, food and visits from friends and family).

As a witness I usually went out in FS Christmas morning. Then, not much, just stayed home.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

NeonMadman said:

" a man who came out and stood on his porch, took the tract, looked at the title, and then looked at me and said, "You know, you people have a lot of stones." "

Wow. How well he pegged it. Interesting that you are now out and quoting him here. I guess we never know what we can say that might stick with someone.

• elm
    elm

I remember Christmas as a child in our home, my parents did a wonderful job of making it very special for us. Not just the 8ft tree and beautiful decorations, but we had a large extended family, and every Christmas they would come early Christmas morning and stay very late, they all helped with the dinner they would be about 25 of us sat round the table.

The day was always full of fun and lots of laughter, I will always treasurer these times. Then I was 13 years old when my parents decided to study with the JW in October and you guessed it by December Christmas was canceled. No more family and friends get-togethers, we had nothing the TV was not allowed on we had sandwiches for dinner.

Even when I left the JW's and had my own children I celebrated Christmas for them, but always felt very guilty so I only half hearted celebrated it, now though after lots of research and found that the truth is not the truth, this year Christmas is going to be a celebration of that discovery.

Don't laugh but my new 8ft tree is already up and I have invited lots of friends around for Christmas day, and some neighbours who are on there own, to sit there around my table and not be judged by my friends will be a great feeling.

• Neon Bible
    Neon Bible
    Wait for the neighbor hood kids to come out with their brand new bikes.
    I now buy myself very expensive bicycles...

...seriously though

-NEON BIBLE

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Watched the christmas programmes on TV in daytime, usually family get to gether in the evening. Always very nice...

• factfinder
    factfinder

@elm- that sounds like you had some very happy Christmas's as a child. What a shame the jws made your family cancel them. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas this year!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit