Help me become a real CRAZY FUNDIE ATHEIST parent!

by bohm 65 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

Jos, no, im being totally serious!!!

now you are making me an ANGRY ATHEIST!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Bohm you are evil you have the Devil inside, may you burn in hell. and may Satan eat your guts little by little and may he remove his dentures to cut you with his gums only......

• james_woods
    james_woods

Be sure and insist they do not do the flag salute at school. Embarrassing, maybe, but they cannot say the words "one nation under god" and be a good little atheist.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

In response to Journey-on, I'm not so sure that would be that traumatic in the long run. The two choices would be 1) to indulge her hallucinations and let her believe that people who hear voices in their minds are not experiencing a type of chemical imbalance symptom. In the long run, as people of sorts of religous beliefs hear voices and think they're real and go on to act on those voices in ways that harm themselves and others - little susie will thinnk that's perfectly normal. She may go on to hear voices telling her to hurt herself so she can be with grandma sooner, all that will be considered normal, because, well thats what she was allowed to go on thinking

On the other hand 2) making her aware that self-induced mental projections that seem real have actually been studied and could turn out to be dangerous, well it doesn't seem that will ever do anything but cause little susie to grow up and understand how the mind works.

As for it being a hard core athiest fundie tactic to cause long term damage - FAIL. Will only help this child understand reality. Most Christian believers (non fundie revelationists) would protect their child the same way.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Everytime they get sick tell them they have the Plauge and hope they make it thru the night.

Too bad there is no God .... maybe he could of helped.

• tec
    tec

You could tell them that you're smarter than those poor, dumb deluded believers. You could tell them that you are more evolved. You have seen the light - yes, YOU are Bright ;)

Be sure to tell them that wars are not fought over land or politics or power or money. That governments have never USED religion to fight their wars. Be sure to tell them that even though faith gives hope to those who have none, those who humanity (even the best humanists) cannot give them in their lifetime, that this faith is an impediment to all humanity's progress. (not greed or war or power hungry governments) So this faith should be abolished.

Tammy

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Duh! I think I got it wrong.....

Tell them to pray before every meal and dont forget to ask God to feed the hungry children in Africa. That for sure will help because the Muslims kids do not pray for them since they are so selfish.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Is it possible to spice it up and get something equivalent of "no susie dear, because grandma is getting tortured as we speak"?

Hey. You're only limited by your imagination.

The main thing is to make sure THEY DON'T TRUST THEIR OWN EXPERIENCE. It's important to emphasize that ANYTHING that might be construed as a "spiritual" experience is to be viewed as a mental or emotional problem. If it persists, they may need to go see a psychiatrist or read more Christopher Hitchens.

They must know that all people are the same and no one....absolutely NO ONE...is capable of connecting to any so-called spiritual energy. Make sure they understand that should they feel any pull whatsoever toward that connection, they are to sever it immediately by chanting something like "This isn't real", "I'm going crazy", or "There's no such thing as God" over and over and over.

Oh, and this is extremely important: Discourage them from looking too heavily into quantum physics. It might give them some wrong ideas or start their mind really thinking!

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Journey-on

I enjoyed your posts on this thread -

• bohm
    bohm

Tec:

Be sure to tell them that even though faith gives hope to those who have none, those who humanity (even the best humanists) cannot give them in their lifetime, that this faith is an impediment to all humanity's progress. (not greed or war or power hungry governments) So this faith should be abolished.

Tec, this is an interesting suggestion, but I have two concerns, the second being the most severe.

1. Is this really done by real, fundie atheists?
    2. Recently, a group ifundie christians in my country was found to excersize demons in the following manner: First they would just beat thm and see if the demon left them. If that did not do the trick, a group of adults would gather around the posessed child (crying was a sign of posession) and SCREAM at the child untill the "demons left the child". This would often take hours.
      I am looking for the fundie atheist equivalent of that. Just telling them something they will easily see is false in school just dont seem to carry the same weight. I mean, your suggestion might turn my kids into hostile biggots if i do it well enough, but i fear its a bit whimpy compared to having a group of adults scream them into their heads they are full of demons.

journey-on:

Make sure they understand that should they feel any pull whatsoever toward that connection, they are to sever it immediately by chanting something like "This isn't real", "I'm going crazy", or "There's no such thing as God" over and over and over.

Okay... but in light of what i wrote to tec, i have some concerns if this will lead to lasting damage. My girlfriend has often told me how she was absolutely mortified that satan was after her to the point she would not share her feelings with her parents because "he might listen", I am not sure this is good enough - besides, do real fundie atheists really "chant"? Can you provide some evidence for that?

Discourage them from looking too heavily into quantum physics. It might give them some wrong ideas or start their mind really thinking!

Oh boy, i have personally been into quantum physics, i did not even know that was associated with religion!

Thats very interesting, since i was interested in some kind of science-denial i could drill into my children; i mean, the fundies can deny evolution and the entire field of geology, so i got to have something equivalent, you know?

Can you provide a group of fundie atheists who dont want their children subjected to the horrors of quantum physics to the point they try to change the school curriculum?

Everybody, keep the suggestions coming! I am especially looking forward to the fundie atheist equivalent of religious female genetial mutilation or letting your kid die for the lack of a blood transfusion.

I mean, if we fundie atheists are as bad as our religious fundie brothers, we must have something equivalent because thats a real whopper!

For science!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit