Tower of Babel built by Babies!

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Evidently, it's just a story to explain why there are so many languages.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Personally, I don't think the people that wrote these things expected people to believe it all.
    It's like Hercules stories or the Achille's Heel story or etc. etc. etc. It was story telling to offer explanations for everything.

Kinda like when your 3 year old child asks where babies come from or tries to figure out the whole Santa Claus story.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Open Mind, Technically, the geneology reappears briefly in Chronicles as it rushes forward into the national history.

Technically, I think Lego and Meccano are too modern. Maybe the babies used Lincoln Logs?

Like Freeze and OTWO, it's a legend. The problem is, JWs will DF you for saying the tower isn't real... and they'll DF you for saying that Santa is real. So... what if Santa had given the post-flood children Lincoln Logs and the rebellious tots used those Santaic Lincoln Logs to build the Tower of Babel?

Is Santa = Nimrod?

• Heaven
    Heaven

The problem is, JWs will DF you for saying the tower isn't real... and they'll DF you for saying that Santa is real. So... what if Santa had given the post-flood children Lincoln Logs and the rebellious tots used those Santaic Lincoln Logs to build the Tower of Babel?

Is Santa = Nimrod?

LOL @ B the X!

In my day (probably yours too), Nimrod was a derogatory term used meaning idiot. Hmmm... I see a theme here.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Billy's reasoning may be right.....but the good old Insight Book had a comment on this, [as did my Aid book before it]

It - 1 "Chronology"

"The date of the attempt at building the Tower of Babel is not stated in the record. Genesis 10:25 indicates that the division resulting from the confusion of the languages there occurred sometime during ‘the days of Peleg.’ It does not necessarily follow that this event occurred at Peleg’s birth. The expression “in his days” would in fact indicate that the division took place, not at or immediately subsequent to Peleg’s birth, but sometime during his life span, which extended from 2269 to 2030 B.C.E. If each post-Flood male parent at the age of 30 were to begin fathering children at the rate of one child every three years, with an average of one male child every six years, and continued this until the age of 90, then in a period of about 180 years from the end of the Flood (that is, by 2189 B.C.E.) the population could have grown to a total of over 4,000 adult males. This conservative number would be ample to fit the circumstances relating to the tower construction and the dispersal of the peoples"

Don't blaim me, I just put up what they say...

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    This conservative number would be ample to fit the circumstances relating to the tower construction and the dispersal of the peoples

How is assuming that "each post-flood male parent ath the age of 30 were to begin fathering children at the rate of one child every three years, iwth an average of one male child every six years, and continued up until the age of 90" being conservative?

By the way, I've seen Christians defend the 600,000 Jewish men at the time of the Exodus (probably around 2,000,000 total) story with similar arguments. I haven't really given it a whole lot of though, but there's gotta be something they're leaving out.

• james_woods
    james_woods

How is assuming that "each post-flood male parent ath the age of 30 were to begin fathering children at the rate of one child every three years, iwth an average of one male child every six years, and continued up until the age of 90" being conservative?

I assume that this means their wives continued to have one child every 3 years up until the age of 90 as well? Anyway, silly as it is -

It also fails to explain who were constructing the precursor circles at Stonehenge, or starting the Chinese empire, at the same time -

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks Leo and Heaven

Thanks Blues, It's crazy the way they twist numbers to fit their unscriptural idea. You have to start with a huge "if". No part of their population model is anywhere in the Bible. (And we know what happens to anybody that adds to the Bible!) The early geneologies are very specific in saying that these men only had a few sons each. The Bible doesn't suggest that Noah's sons, Moe, Larry, and Curly, had produced a son every 6 years. Even Abraham's dad Terah didn't have his first son until he was 70. Terah's third and last son Abram was born when he was 130. That's not one male every 6 years. That's one male every 20 years. The suggestion that all 4000 men from 30 to 180 years-old set to work building a tower ignores the fact that there were already multiple inhabited cities that had been built away from Babylon, families that needed to be fed and clothed, and the cages of marsupials that needed to be cleaned until the languages were confused and the first Australians took the 'roos and such with them down under.

Yeah, they say that the millions of species that are still being discovered all fit on the ark. They know nothing about genetics or statistics.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

What a great find Billy!

This really should be the final nail in not only the Watchtower's coffin, but in the Bible's, at least as a literal account of history. But truthfully, in this day of modern communication, if they can still wrap their brains around the Noah's Ark story, this won't faze them in the least.

....and as usual, ROFLMAO @ Satanus!

~PS

• bohm
    bohm

Great topic! When compared to the 25'000 working on the keops pyramid and the 1'000'000 working on the first great wall of china, it is a liiitle hard to imagine. A sphere is not a circle: Quite an enlightening experience.

The tower of babel: Build by babies, explained by babies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit