Tower of Babel built by Babies!

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

Marked. Great stuff. I already reached this conclusion in my head, but will use this for others.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Bttt for all the new ones who joined over the last three days.

• BU2B
    BU2B

And this would have required all 4,000 males to all work together on the project. Who would run the farms needed to feed these people? Who would do the hunting?

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Glad to see this pop to the top. All the new ones joining us should have a chance to beneift from Leolaia's remarks. I personally don't see how the WT's mid 19th-century view of history could fail to get a few lurkers over to the other side of the fence.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"And this would have required all 4,000 males to all work together on the project. Who would run the farms needed to feed these people? Who would do the hunting?"

Yet with so few people building this "tower", Jehovah was crapping his celestial pants and saying "There's nothing they can't do. I've got to do something before the tower gets high enough that they come up here and kick my ass!"

• prologos
    prologos

thank you for getting it up for us newbies. yes,

bible reading, the big B in wtbts is really downgraded.

6 chapters of heavy stuff covered in 5-10 comments of 30 seconds.

If god had the FEAR OF MAN-- 200 years after the flooding attempt, think of

the WT's FEAR OF RESEARCH by the R&F given unlimited comment time.

• adamah
    adamah

BTXB said-

Yet with so few people building this "tower", Jehovah was crapping his celestial pants and saying "There's nothing they can't do. I've got to do something before the tower gets high enough that they come up here and kick my ass!"

Of course, the people planned to build a Tower that reached to Heaven, and mount a frontal assault on God's home by entering via the many openings found in the firmanent via which rain and snow were dropped from the great storehouses of water in the sky.

The funny part is, 'Jack and the Magic Beanstock' also features a similar storyline of Jack climbing a tall vine to enter the giant's home in the sky to steal his gold, but every adult knows it's only a fairy tale, and would be embarrassed to admit they believe it's a historical event. But the Tower of Babel account? That one is fur realz, since it's in the Bible!

Derp....

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

4,000 males? But there are over 7,000 languages on earth at this moment in time...why did Jehoover confuse the 4,000 by creating more languages per male person...did hubby come home and could no longer understand wifey?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

And in one snap of the fingers, God created racism.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I don't even know why this story is in the bible. Studying language over the last few months I have learned that the languages of the near east are all related and there was know all of a sudden change where people could not understand one another...The languages just evolved over time and chaged much as the english language is so different today compared to 500 years ago.

This to me is more proof the bible is crap. Whoever wrote this story wrote it much later in history then were told and didn't understand the evolution of languages and so made up this story to explain the different languages of his time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit