Message from my pioneer sister

by TweetieBird 27 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Typical pioneer with nothing to say.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Sorry-hit entered before message...tried to edit but it won't let me.

Anyway, my birthday was a couple of days ago and all of my "worldly" friends (and some that grew up in the borg but no longer go) wished me 'Happy Birthday" on facebook, even my disfellowshipped son and my nephew (her son).

So I posted, "thanks everyone for the b-day wishes". I got a private message from her with the following:

"So I'm guessing you celebrate birthday's now. How sad! :("

I may have just been cut off from my sister. What's funny is that 3 of her own children do celebrate birthdays.

• designs
    designs

I guess she is 4 X sad, well Happy Birthday

• cantleave
    cantleave

Reply "Not sad - really, really Happy!!"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I use Facebook, but it is a dangerous place for mixing JW's and anti-JW's. Your real "friends" wish you a happy b-day and you lose your sister's communication. I am fully an ex-JW on FB and don't "friend" any JW's whatsoever. Sorry to hear about your sister.

• designs
    designs

Pioneers are happy to go to a SAD Convention

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I actually deleted her as my fb friend and got a message from her about it. I told her it was an accident and re-friended her.

I love my sister and always will, she's a very sweet person but so blinded by the BS. With that said, we aren't close anymore so it wouldn't be a huge loss for her to never speak to me again.

What's funny is that on my birthday every year, she sends me a message like the one for this year..."You know Mom woke up with the biggest pain in her butt this morning! :)" That's her way of wishing me "Happy Birthday" without actually saying the words.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My Father in law (an Elder ) started a facebook account so his wife could keep up with pictures of family (mostly non Jw) and a few JW . On his birthday all the non JWs sent Happy Birthday wishes to him ! hahaha ,I thought it was hilarious . I posted a cartoon about older guys with their pants hiked up to their armpits making fun of teens with pants hanging low off their butts ...

....funny he never posts anything back .I am sure he just has the account so they can lurk .

Hope your sister comes around someday.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp
    Typical pioneer with nothing to say.

Cantleave, thanks for making my day, this made me laugh out loud!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit