Message from my pioneer sister

by TweetieBird 27 Replies latest jw friends

• mamalove
    mamalove

How SAD that she doesn't celebrate.

I often would LOVE to reply to JW's when they ask an obvious, but personal choice type of question to confirm their pending judgment on you something right back that is so not my business. For example, if someone asked me "Do you celebrate holiday's" I would like to reply back "Why do you ask, we have not spoke in months...when was the last time you and your wife had sex. OR how much money do you make in a year." Ya know stuff I have no business asking just like they do.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Happy Birthday Tweetie!

I am loving some of these comments! I hope they made you laugh as much as they did me!

Her reply of "how sad" made me laugh. No...really...it was Happy Birthday not Sad Birthday! Kind of like McDonald's happy meals, not sad meals! No one would buy them if they were sad! ( There was a cartoon episode of Pinky and the Brain where Brain asks, "Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" And Pinky says, "I think so Brain. But if they called them sad meals none of the kids would buy them.")

Hope you had a great day and her comments didn't deflate your balloon! If only she could let herself experience the joy that life is offering.

• watson
    watson

Post her comment on your facebook page. "From my sister."

• undercover
    undercover
    I posted, "thanks everyone for the b-day wishes". I got a private message from her with the following:
    "So I'm guessing you celebrate birthday's now. How sad! :("
    I may have just been cut off from my sister. What's funny is that 3 of her own children do celebrate birthdays.

First off - Happy Bday...

Here's how I would have replied (if I gave a rat's ass about keeping her in the dark about my status): "Thanks for your concern, but I was just being considerate to everyone who took the time to be nice to me. What I personally think about b-days is beside the point. I just wanted to be gracious to people who took the time and effort to recognize what they thought was a special occasion. Nothing wrong with saying thank you to people who are nice to you."

I've noticed that you can publicly display your birthday on Facebook. If that's the case then everyone on your friend list gets a notice that someone's b-day is coming up. And for whatever reason, people just love posting 'happy b-day' wishes on FB. And for that very reason, I'm going to leave my b-day as public just to see what goes down.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "So I'm guessing you celebrate birthday's now. How sad! :("

You should have replied with:

"So I'm guessing you still allow a group of men in Brooklyn, you don't know, to micromanage your life for you? HOW SAD that you don't feel the need to make even basic decisions for yourself."

-Sab

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Excellent Sabastious

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

Happy Birthday

Sorry about your sis. Does it help to say that I totally understand? Funny thing is that when I was a JW my mom (she's still a JW) would call me on my birthday and say something like: "Hon, you know what today is? Today you came out of me......then would go on and on and tell me how she almost died and that it was a miracle that I was born..yadda, yadda, yadda."

But since I've been out of the borg my mom doesn't call me anymore on my birthday. Kinda weird but in a strange way, it's funny.

Have a drink on me

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

ohiocowboy - thanks, sweetie. Hope you are doing well, haven't talked to you in a while. undercover-i like your reply, i think i will copy and paste it. thanks, everyone else for your input and b-day wishes. btw, my reply to her was, "why do you think i am celebrating b-days"? i got a text from her that she was going to call me today. she didn't, which i'm glad cause i was swamped at work all day but when she does i think i will use undercover's reply. a few months back i got an email from her because she had heard that i was apostate, so i'm sure it won't be a surprise to her when she finds out that i haven't been to a meeting in over a year. i'm at the point where i don't give a rats ass anymore, pardon my french. I'm finally FREE!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit