Please post all the little things that make no sense about the JWs

by Aussie Oz 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I want to collect a bunch of things that i can use to help my son see that the WBTS and being a JW makes no sense.

i have a few in mind already

they have to be things that might matter to a teenager, so doctrine will probably be out!

(if you have read my last post you will see why)

can't wait to see what you add

thanks

Oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Not getting married while "in the bloom of youth", yet they let kids get baptised.

Silly rules like not clinking glasses or saying "bless you" when someone sneezes, all based on old pagan rituals that don't mean a thing these days.

No beards

No trousers for women (ever see Julia Gillard in a skirt or dress?)

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

i think the pyramid stuff written by Russel might be strange and entertaining enough for a teenager. Its so bizarre that even the South Park boys couldn't make up something like that.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Oz,

I asked my boy to make sense of the passages about Jesus vandalising the fig tree.

Still waiting

....and get that book by de Bono from the library or I'm going to spank your arse with it when I come over for the BTB.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

having to wait till gets married to have sex.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/201839/1/Auzzies-Manson-Doco-on-SBS-ONE-9-30-pm-Sunday

If you can, watch this before your kids see it, then get them to say stuff that you know Manson's converts will say in this doco.

If you don't have a PVR of some kind, I can arrange for you to have a copy.

The best effect you can have is by watching it yourself first and then getting your kids to say something that you know one of the cult members is going to say in the doco.

Cheers

Chris

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

ok chris!

i went to a de bono site and saw dozens of books!

please refresh me on what one...

:) oz

ps keep em coming!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Amazon.com: Teach Your Child How to Think

Get your butt down to the library and get this book, or one of his earlier ones that is related.

Do the exercises. Your kids will love it. They are fun. They will teach them skills that they need in real life.

My big mistake was not putting as much effort into teaching my kids as much as I could have from one of de Bono's earlier books, but it did make a difference. A big difference.

Please learn from my mistakes

Chris

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Black Sheep, I recall an explanation, but I don't know of what origin. The fig tree is supposed to symbolize the Jewish people, the nation of God, and judaism as the true religion (at that time). The Messiah came and gave them signs, and fulfilled the prophecies, but they have closed their ears and their eyes. So Jesus' gesture was a prophecy. He was about to take the divine favor from them (the damnation of the tree)as a group and give it to individuals of all nations.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I am also curious as to why some pagan items are taboo, i.e. birthdays, mothering sunday etc. but it is OK to exchange wedding rings, use the days of the weeks, months etc. since that is pagan too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit