Please post all the little things that make no sense about the JWs

by Aussie Oz 36 Replies latest jw friends

• trueblue
    trueblue

They collect love letters

• life is to short
    life is to short

OK I have not been able to read this thread but one thing that always hurt me was sisters having to sit in the backseat of the car out in service. It was my car that I paid for, my gas that they were using and I was sent to to the back because I was a stupid woman. Hated it. There was nothing I could do about it totally hated it.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

likfe is to short? we never had that rule. how stupid..

That is another stupid thing. elders get to make up extra rules based on the area. we had if a girl and boy were in a car alone one had to sit in the back seat. No shorts to gatherings, even in the summer.

• carla
    carla

Lifeistoshort-- why did you have to sit in the back? are women not allowed to drive males? I always figured as much but is that always the case?

A question to ask your kids about the stumbling issue would be -what about personal responsibility?

Flip flops were a source of amusement for my kids when I was educating them about the org. Or find the most assinine teachings or articles such as Rutherford's 'air baths' where one jumps up and down naked to ward off colds, pyramids, aluminum from satan, etc..etc... hell, the wt makes it too easy!

• trueblue
    trueblue

I was physically abused by my dad and they told my Mother that they had to take the man's word over the woman, she said ask the nieghbors then and they said they can't take the word of the worldly.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Woman can drive their own cars and but usually turn it over to a brother even their own cars if one is in their car group saying that they are tired or it makes them stressed to drive and will let the other brother sit in the front while they sit in the back.

If they are a stronger sister they will drive their own cars and let the chips fall where they may. If it is two couples going out the woman always sit in the back while the husbands sit in the front. I am on the west coast maybe it is different other places but my friends in the New England States seem to be the same way.

I hate it, it makes woman look so stupid. We even have an attorney elder in the hall and his wife jumps in the back seat letting the brothers sit in the front. Sick!

LITS

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Not wanting to derail the topic, but I will add to LifeisTooShort's comments about women sitting in the back seat:

Yes, this was "how things are done" in the area I was from, too. It sucked, because when it gets to be -40 with a wind chill that makes it -50, NO HEAT GETS INTO THE BACK SEAT OF THE CAR!!!

Of course the brothers in the front seat, would get too warm and turn off the heat, the sisters in the back seat would freeze all day. The really sucky days were when we got some old geezer who wouldn't leave the car running ( to save $$ on gas.... ) and it NEVER even got warm all morning long.....

Lots of times, I would come home, fill the tub with water as hot as I could stand it, and soak until the shivering stopped.

It always seemed to go completely against what we were taught - sisters are respected and treated as "weaker vessels" (Not....) even just showing fellow feeling and compassion....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit