Please post all the little things that make no sense about the JWs

by Aussie Oz 36 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

"I want to collect a bunch of things that i can use to help my son see that the WBTS and being a JW makes no sense."

No extracurricular school activities such as Prom, sports, band, only associate with JW's ( this means you can't choose your own friends outside of this religion)

you may not be able to wear the latest styles, such as army prints or any print that may not be appropriate to the WTS , also some jewely, or hairstyles, you can only wear things that are basically approved by the WTS.

College in a conscience choice, but don't join any organizations while there. spend all your extra time studying the WT literature or preaching.

it is encouraged that after highschool to go into the field ministry full time while living at home. because this is the best time for a single person to do such.

consider becoming a fulltime pioneer make this your goal, because this world will end soon and you won't need doctors, lawyers, or any other kind of profession

to seek these things now is only wasting time which is very short, by the time you get your degree you may not need it cause we will be in the new system by them

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

The demonizing of "Worldly" people. It makes no sense to discriminate against an entire group of people. There are good and bad people found in every group, including the JW’s. It’s ignorant to assume that someone is a good or bad person simply because of their membership in a special club or group. This is an important lesson for a child.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

its interesting the wts doesnt talk about the pagan ritual of wearing ones wedding band on the ring finger of the left hand.

• jam
    jam

If you decide later this is not for me what are the consequence for leaving.

• jam
    jam

Forgot , the JW code almost the same as gang members. Blood in blood out. The

JW,s( Love in Blood out.)

• bohm
    bohm

Why not try something new and go after the central doctrine of sin and why God allow suffering.

Keep it simple. It make no sence and the smaller the child the more obvious it will be.

What does God have to proove against the devil?
    Why does God not just kill the devil?
    Is it because people will somehow look back at what happened and that will prevent them from sinning?
    Why did God, being all-knowing, not tell Adam and Eve what the devil was tryign to do when he saw it was doing it?
    Has anyone ever seen a devil?
    Are books with animals that talk normally true?
    If the devil know he is going to fail (the WTS state this) why did he even try?
    If you knew the devil was evil, would you let him wander around and affect other creatures?
    Why does God want to be worshipped, is that something you would want?
    Are there any real evidence that the devil/God exist?

etc. etc.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

thankyou all!

my word page is chocka with good stuff now!

plan is to make a screensaver with a different point each screen

sorry for a tardy response but my interent has been really really sloooooooooow of late. so slow it was useless.

oz

• JAFO
    JAFO

Here's one for you.. kinda x-rated though, discretion is advised..

Considering how anal they are about so many things, why on earth does the WTS permit women to wear lipstick, given its origins?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Voting is a conscience matter, but a "mature Christian" would not vote--Watchtower QFR 1998.

Later the CO told our congregation that we should first consult the elders if we think we need to vote--for example, if our employer required it or a national government required it

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Hi

Bullies. The Wt is simply a Big Bully. Where I live there is lots of focus on how to deal with bullies.

http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm this has a great list of qualities of a bully....you can talk open about bullies and how they work with out attacking the org. Then latter you can draw straight line from one to the other.

Good Luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit