• The Oracle
    The Oracle

they are both complete nut jobs

that may mean she is as well

approach with caution

The Oracle

• asilentone
    asilentone

I agree with you, The Oracle. I have watched them briefly on TV, but they really do not appeal to me at all. I was wondering why she is attracted to them.

• moshe
    moshe

Telling any potential girlfriend you used to be a JW is the kiss of death, dude.

• asilentone
    asilentone

she will have to know at some point.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I have been very honest with any potential suitors and even friends about my background. Not one person has ever looked at me like I was a one eyed green monster.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I have been very honest with any potential suitors and even friends about my background. Not one person has ever looked at me like I was a one eyed green monster

You know.......I don't think I've told anyone new that I am an ex-JW for the past 15 years. Maybe someday I will, but definitely no good looking chicks.

Think About It

• moshe
    moshe

Well, if your relatives are JWs then secrecy about your past won't work forever. Perhaps looking for a girl just released from prison is the solution as she won't care about your disfunctional JW relatives.

• mamalove
    mamalove

If your girlfriend runs the other way, she is not for you! We all come with some kind of past baggage. I met a man who is so unbelievably supportive and there for me during this difficult time as I am only 15 mos out. He is patient, has been taking it all in, and helping me to tick off items from this "bucket list" that we talk about. I have met a lot of his friends and have been open about all of this, and people are very kind and sympathetic and somewhat shocked. It is such a huge part of our lives, but I can see being 15 years out, how it is a small part now for you.

Good luck on the hunt for the right person, I think that is cool how she approached you at the market though, must have felt good!

• LV101
    LV101

i think dr. chas. stanley is awesome. he's educated and i've enjoyed watching him few times. think he believes in trinity but i don't care. you can go on his website and check him out at intouch.org.

LV101

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Telling any potential girlfriend you used to be a JW is the kiss of death, dude.

Oh, good grief.

Most people really don't know, nor care to know, that much about JW's. It is an initial curiosity, then not much more - especially if you were raised in.

I know several ex-jw's who are now happily married to nice, normal people. All of them had an initial curiosity about it, but for the most part it's just history - and everyone has a history. "JW" is really little worse than "die hard catholic".

For everyone I've met, "I was a JW" amounts to pretty much nothing. People either like me or they don't - and being a JW at one point in time has nothing to do with it.

If anything hurts asilentone, it's his complete inability to just F*CKING PICK ONE and get to know THEM, as a person, and love it. Seriously.. I think I've shared more meaningful smiles than asilentone's dates and dinners amount to. (I'm just saying, make something HAPPEN already... and I don't mean sex. Oh, nevermind.)

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit