Are You For Or Against The Death Penalty?

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

For some, I might propose, the prospect of rotting in jail for 25+ years might be a greater deterrent than a quick jab in the arm and its all over.

A lot of people here in Connecticut who were in favor of the death penalty for Steven Hayes changed their minds once it came out that he smiled when the jury recommended it. He had told his attorneys that he was terrified of spending his life in prison, especially due to being a target for other inmates, and he wanted to die as quickly as possible. So, in an effort to punish him, the jury gave him exactly what he wanted. Something to think about.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I am very much in favor of the death penalty. The US needs to start putting people to death instead of housing them indefinitely in cages on my dime.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Here's a good example of why I prefer life in prison without parole.

I read that in this particular case, the conviction did not hinge on the hair alone, but also on eyewitness accounts. Just saying.

BTS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I am in favor of the death penalty and fel it should be mandatory for anyone more than 200 years old.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

200 years? Ha! I've got shoes older than that.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I am in favor of the death penalty, but only if I am the one making all the decisions.

that monster in conneticut would definitely get the thumbs down from the oracle

peace to all (except those of you who deserve to die)

The Oracle

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I can support in principle, for those cases that truly deserve it. But in practice that is too much power to entrust to government, any government.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." -- Lord Acton

The history of the past century is a sad witness to the truth of that statement.

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

I used to agree with you until I started watching all the 20/20, Dateline shows that had people convicted of murder, rape, etc and years later DNA set them free.

So I suppose you never know these days. Although if someone confesses and/or DNA proves they did it. I'd be the first one to flip the switch.

THANK GOD FOR DNA

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

i am for it only where there is irrefutable evidence and it is a heinus crime such as the hayes case. why should we pay tens of thousands to feed, protect and provide him with medical and legal assistance when a .45 caliber bullet costs about .50 cents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit