Are You For Or Against The Death Penalty?

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

an EYE for an EYE. But the judicial system is so flawed that it in itself represents a crime. Why do we call them ANIMALS and MONSTERS? If insane people kill they are .... insane. if sane people kill ... well they are killers.

Sensationalism is a factor in poisoning the judicial system. If there is a murder, ALL those participating should die. End of story. And if are dont have knowledge of all the factors our judgement is biased.

What if the accused killer was your brother, your father, or yourself?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

BTS, UNDERCOVER : wise words.

DP: Do you have all the facts or are you making a judgement based on emotion.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Lets see the father who was beat with Baseball bat tied and left for death and also being there hearing his Daughter and Wife get Raped and Tortured and then killed while he made his escape out the of the Inferno.

Or are you talking about the Kid with the Machete who wrote lyrics about the Massacrer " Mommy is that you??? No your mommy isn't here I slit her throat ear to ear "

What facts am I missing???

The Poilce caught the fire dicks Not far from the House. After hitting Police cars!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think when there have been eye witnesses to a killing then yes the death penalty should be handed down.

But never on circumstantial evidence. Repeat offenders though would warrant a death penalty even on circumstantial evidence. That is too much of a coincidence.

Brutal sexual assault, repeat rapists and repeat convicted child sexual abuse offenders - yes I think the death penalty is warranted. Nothing is going to stop them. And I don't understand why we should pay to keep them all in prison for life.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I think when there have been eye witnesses to a killing then yes the death penalty should be handed down.

Witnesses can, and do, lie.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    And I don't understand why we should pay to keep them all in prison for life.

If we lived in very poor nations where it would be an impossible hardship to jail these people, then I would be much more favorable towards executing them. This, however, is not the case for Canada or the US. Paying to imprison these criminals is a price I am willing to pay to make sure innocent people don't accidentally get executed.

BTS

• JeffT
    JeffT

I am opposed to the death penalty as a general principle, for a simple reason: its a government program and they will screw it up. Lock 'em up and throw away the key. They'll get wherever they're going soon enough.

On the other hand, I don't get very worked up when they decide to execute a monster, like the one in Conn.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    On the other hand, I don't get very worked up when they decide to execute a monster, like the one in Conn.

Me neither.

BTS

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Again this is not a clear cut For or Against.

Like most Delicate Topics.... There is no Line in the sand. One side for One side against.

I think of the Manson Murders. Most have seen the Photos of Sharon Tate's Pregnant body at the Murder Scene.

Did they deserve Death?

Does Joe Blow who kills a fellow drug dealer during a bad deal gone bad deserve the DP?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    But never on circumstantial evidence. Repeat offenders though would warrant a death penalty even on circumstantial evidence. That is too much of a coincidence.

I agree in principle, but cannot apply the principle to the cases of people like Scott Petersen. Or the cop also named Petersen near Chicago that has obviously killed two of his ex-wives but somehow got off so far on lack of evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit