Are You For Or Against The Death Penalty?

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I clearly am for it if it's proven without a doubt that a person murdered another in cold blood. Recently, in Connecticut, a man was convicted of killing 2 young girls and their mother. The animal raped them and almost killed the defenseless husband/father who could do nothing while these atrocities were being carried out in his own home!

Get rid of these monsters!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It's a slippery slope. Do people, like this monster in Conn, deserve to die? Yes. But at the same time, can we be SURE that EVERYONE condemned to death is really guilty.

The movie "The Life of David Gale" was a huge eye opener to me.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

That case proves why some NEED death!

Same as that guy who Hacked the Mom to death and the little girl inches from death with a Machete just cause........ killing is cool!

Let's keep people like these Alive!

• sabastious
    sabastious

Hell yes. It aint no slippery slopes for certain crimes.

Like the two guys that just recently broke into someones house and raped and burnt a mother and daughter and tried to beat to death the father (he survived).

Those two should be shot in the back of the head asap.

-Sab

• whereami
  • minimus
    minimus

I'm talking about proven cases. Some even love to brag about their kills like the teenager who was just found guilty of using a machete and hacking a mother and daughter with his buddies. The mom was murdered and the young girl was hacked and disfigured but didn't die.

New Hampshire doesn't have the death penalty but since this incident, they're taking a second look.

• whereami
  • brotherdan
    brotherdan

In proven cases, then yes, the death penalty is justifiable, IMO.

Minimus, have you seen the life of david gale? It's actually really interesting and is about this topic. It stars Kevin Spacey and Kate Winslet.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm in favor of a death penalty for certain cases.

Unfortunately in the US justice system, the death penalty, strike that...the justice system itself...has many flaws.

But in certain cases of no doubt, no question... proof positive of a heinous crime, then I'm in favor of death for the criminal. If he is to be locked up for life, deemed unfit to live in society, then what's the point of keeping him alive? Do you keep rabid dogs alive in a cage?

At the same time, I try hard to not judge based on what I read in the media on a case. I'm not the victim's family, I'm not a witness, I'm not the police, I'm not the DA, I'm not the judge, I'm not a juror. I don't have all the facts. I familiar with the case you're talking about min, but I haven't followed it real closely so I'm not at liberty to say if he should or should not suffer the ultimate penalty.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Recently, in Connecticut, a man was convicted of killing 2 young girls and their mother.

They haven't sentenced him yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit