Are You For Or Against The Death Penalty?

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Nick, I'm with you, especially with sadistic killers. Get rid of them forever. If Hell exists, let them burn!

• darthfader
    darthfader

"Is any killer worth more than his crime?"

I would have to say the answer to that question is no.... but.... We have a flawed justice system, even eyewitness testimony is sometimes wrong. In light of that and the fact that death is permenant, I would have to choose that we inprision them for remainder of their life. I would rather imprision 1000 killers indefinately than to wrongly put to death the innocent.

another .02 worth...

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Then lets keep them in prison forlife!

I'll stick with the Manson Case as the example!

I am tired of hearing every few years how So and So was only 19 when she helped Carve her initials in the dead body of Sharon Tate who was 8 months Pregnant. And is up for Parole.

Really just because they were young makes it all better 40 yrs later?

• minimus
    minimus

Manson, the ring leader should've gone to the gas chamber. Too bad!

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Manson case is a great example of the Death Pen.

Manson who didn't preform Those Murders is he an example of special circumstances?

• darthfader
    darthfader

Darth P.

California had no death penalty when Manson was tried. Funny thing I never new that "life imprisionment" didnt automatically mean for the rest of your life. Apparently it's common that there is a parole period after 20 to 30 years have elapsed.

life sentence = until you die...

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I find it amusing that those that speaks against the DP will change their minds in a hurry the second that a very close loved one is murdered.

I also question the motives of those that speaks out against the DP, seems to me that those types of people wishes to commit a capital crime without having to worry about paying for it with their lives.

Yiz

• Satanus
    Satanus

Niether for or against. Is that allowed?

S

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I remember they didn't have it then.... but this case was always ... until recently (sad 2 Say) was the bench mark.

Was it repealed durning or after the Trial began... I remember they all were VERY lucky.

And Would Manson be held accountable even thou he never Murdered during those cases..... not saying he wasn't a killer allready.

• tec
    tec

Against.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit