Elders Can Hide their Own Sins from the Past-Yet Continue as Elders? Read

by flipper 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Elder misconduct was a huge factor in my decision to resign as an elder and to fade. Elder bodies are often "old boys" clubs instead of a group of spiritual men.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Flipper, it would be nice if someone here email John Stossel, he has given "Give me a break" segments on 20/20 in the past about variety of things. Unfortunately, he does not do that anymore, maybe he might do that again in the future. I am sure that some witnesses would be very disgusted if they learn about the stupid elder rule. I am very sure the majority of the rank and file does not know anything about it.

• flipper
    flipper

Wow ! Looking back over my archives of past threads I started- my apologies for not noticing this was bumped up 2 months ago ! I'll respond.

LONG HAIR GAL- Good point. The JW's have too many women and not enough men. And the WT society sets a really low standard for men becoming elders anyway. It's disgusting how this organization minimizes women.

APOSTATE THUNDER- I agree- the elders book is an " a$$holes manual ". Very well put. And accurate. The abuse of the rank & file Witnesses is astounding. There is a separate set of rules that apply to elders than the rank & file Witnesses. I also agree that WT leaders deserve to be behind bars, as well as any elders following orders against their own conscience.

NVR2L8- I don't know WHO the " Organized " book is given to- been too many years since I was even a JW.

SCENIC VIEWER- Thanks for the scan picture of the Organized book.

OLD GOAT- Good point. What you mentioned is one reason I never reached out for elders position and was just a ministerial servant. I was too independent in my thinking and an individualist who could, or would NEVER be in a " good old boys " club.

IAMALLCOOL- You are right- I imagine the rank & file JWs know NOTHING of whats actually written in elders manuals as elders are instructed to guard their manuals with their life and keep it top secret- out of the hands of rank & file JWs. Perhaps YOU could write to John Stossel of 20/20 and give him this insight ? Never know 20/20 may air something like this . It's worth a try

• Violia
    Violia

Lesson from WTS,

just lie and let the clock run it out. All will be OK then. As long as you look good and lie, we are fine. It is all about appearances and I've always known this. I don't think things should be held against folks forever, but if you intend to be an elder I think some sins forever disqualify you to serve. The position of elder is one of trust and has an inherent power imbalance. In any worldly public service position anyone who committed violent acts, anything to do with children and the elderly or disabled would be forever disqualified to hold a position of public trust. God may forgive you but you should NEVER be in a position of power over others.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

VIOLIA - insightful comment. Trying to look good while the clock runs out is what these people are all about!

• flipper
    flipper

VIOLIA- Good points you make. WT society would rather elders lie about their past sins to make the WT corporation look good- all the while smacking people who are just rank & file publishers for the same offenses. Disgusting.

BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS- I agree. Very well put by VIOLIA ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit