Elders Can Hide their Own Sins from the Past-Yet Continue as Elders? Read

by flipper 55 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

Thanks for this thread Flipper.

Definetely hypocritical and unfair! You can totally use this as proof that the holy spirit has nothing to do with this stupid religion.

But thats the org for you and thats why we left.

• Lurker555
    Lurker555

I have the 2010 WT Library CD and the 1972 book "Orginization" is not on it.

Maybe that is how Jaracz stayed on the GB after his thing with Pat Garza. ????

Did the Greenlees thing happen around 1972?

The Orginazation book and the 1972 KM is a complete reversal in stance.

Me personally confessed to something 3 years later when I was inactive and still got reproof.

• criticalwitness
    criticalwitness

not dealing with persnl sins but have you ever seen gb fess up to anything? no! the closest ive seen was when it mentioned some prominent members had done some things which i thought was ewart chitty but i have not once seen an article that says we the "gb" made a mistake! untile i see that i dont fess to nothin they make all the articles so to constantly blame rank and file for jumping gun or believing 1975 on there own is hogwash! i think all wtnss should employ theocratic warfar " which is lying" we learn from the best those taking lead the morally inept hypocrites

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I have the 2010 WT Library CD and the 1972 book "Orginization" is not on it.

There have been at least 3 different Organization books.

- Organization For Kingdom-Preaching And Disciple-Making (Copyright 1972)

- Organized To Accomplish Our Ministry (Copyright 1983 & 1989)

- Organized To Do Jehovah's Will (Copyright 2005)

The earliest one (1972) is the one that pertains to this thread.

I checked my 2009 Watchtower CD, and not even the latest one (2005) is on it. I have no idea why.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the comments ! I'm glad some newer JWN members were able to see how deceitful the WT society has been in there " elders only " manual.

SSEVENINCHES- I'd be a lot more lenient on kids having a code of silence than elders having a code of silence about themselves for sure. I mean think about it- how can elders claim to be irreprehensible if they dishonestly hid their own sins which they constantly counsel kids on ? Really hypocritical.

CHEMICAL EMOTIONS- You are right- WT society is full of a$$holes who dole out this information. And they have reappointed many, many former elders guilty of child sexual molestation after time went by. It's disgusting as you say. There needs to be legal ramifications and criminal charges levied against the WT society if ANY former child molesters are reappointed. It's too secret of an organization.

LOST 1 - You are right. An elder can do any number of violations and be disciplined and then a few years or 5 years later allegedly " repent " and then become an elder again. It's truly hypocritical when the wT society comes down much harder on rank & file publishers.

WITNESS MY FURY- Good point you make. If an elder has a drunken shag and keeps it quiet for years, his conduct is swept under the rug, but if it's a MS or rank & file publisher who kept it hid, the full army comes out and they get DFed. It truly shows how one sided and unfair this organization is.

SCENIC VIEWER- Thanks for posting the 1972 views of the WT society on this and how it changed through the years since the original 1972 Organization book. It definitely shows the JW's have class distinctions between people and that elders are NOT disciplined as severely as other rank & file publishers. It's definitely an unfair and twisted organization.

XCHANGE- Good example you show that the MS was given much harsher treatment than the elder for the same offense in the conregation. The elders are and always have been a good old boys club. Disgusting

• flipper
    flipper

JEMBA- Indeed it definitely shows that holy spirit has NOTHING to do with this organization. Just favoritism and hypocrisy.

LURKER555 - I'm not sure exactly when the " Greenlees thing " or the " Ted Jaracz Pat Garza thing " happened, but it is interesting like you noted that the view in the 1972 Organization book was MUCH stricter about reappointing elders with secret sins than the 1972 Kingdom Ministry later . Very interesting. Perhaps someone might be able to let us know when those events happened you mentioned about those GB members. Now I'm curious.

CRITICAL WITNESS- I agree. The GB and WT leaders have never admitted fault or confessed to EVER making mistakes . They are too full of themselves and arrogant. And I agree- since the WT society has lied to it's members about many things, it creates and fosters a bunch of mind controlled, lying hypocrites in the organization itself ! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree you know ?

SCENIC VIEWER- Very interesting that the WT society is eliminating some of the former " Organization " books from the CD . Of course, we know the reason why they do this. To protect their legal rear ends. Since they are changing their policies so much, if a JW or former JW tried suing them over information from one of those publications ; the WT society conveniently can sweep it under the rug and claim they never had the publication or disclaim anything they wrote or said. They've tried doing this on numbers of occasions. It's just like George Orwell's 1984 all over again. Really creepy

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Flipper:

Doesn't surprise me, but I have a theory why this is. The religion has TOO many women and not enough men.

I have seen a pattern when there is "immorality" and disfellowshipping. In far too many cases, the guy gets off easier than the girl.

Because of the fact that they do not have enough men (not to mention men with something going for them and not just some moron), they are downright reluctant to punish a man for anything.

They want to keep men (especially qualified men) at ANY cost.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

They behave like a bunch of pimps. If anything the elders should have a higher standard than the rest of the sheep. This elder’s book is an ass****’s manual.

I know people that have been reproved for things that happened many years earlier, and also lost their privileges for something the elders had no business in.

This is just one example of how they abuse the people from the r&f. They are desperate for brothers to take the lead in the congregations, so they are far more valuable than a simple sheep. An unmistakable mark of the holy spirit.

The whole point of the disciplinary process is to ashame the person and make sure they will think twice before “sinning” ever again. Of course elders go by different rules, we can only imagine what the people really high up in the organization go by.

I agree with you longhair gal, they tend to be more strict with women that step out of line, it’s like a form of sadism I guess, a power trip. Exactly what Jesus would have done. And this elders are the ones meddling in the private lives of others in the congregation while nobody knows what they are hiding themselves. It is repugnant. They are revolting and deserve to be behind bars.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Isn't the Organized book only given to those who are dedicated or close to dedication? If I remember well this book contains the 100 questions you need to review before baptism...You get your own printed copy and there is a space to write your name and date of dedication...This may explain why this book isn't on the CD...

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ NVR2L8,

You are right, there is a space to put your name, and date and place of baptism. This is only in the 3rd version of the book, but all 3 editions had questions for baptism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit