Elders Can Hide their Own Sins from the Past-Yet Continue as Elders? Read

by flipper 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

Yes this happens enough that one could say it happens all the time. Older elders from years ago before they DF esp. may have gross sins, adultry, etc that they have not confessed to. After so many years they are just so to speak pardoned. ( letting the clock run out) Happens now too. Happened to someone I know.

• mamalove
    mamalove

This little nugget spared me a JC many years back when I fessed up for some naughtiness before I was married. I did this after I was married. Nothing happened to me and they said it was because of this KM...

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Well, if Jehovah himself did not came down from heavens and condemn you, brother, it means you still have his approval after all this years!

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

I have a very good question, what if an elder and his wife did the deed before they got married, will his wife get off the hook too?

I may be able to help. And, though not exactly the same, maybe close.

During my JC "hearing" for doing the "deed" before marriage (my wife being the one to confess after 7 years of marriage), it came to light that I had been previously married yet no proof of being "scriptually free" when I got remarried. Suddenly our joint husband/wife JC hearing turned into an unexpected JC on just me. After over an hour of deliberations, out came the verdict; I was OK and not going to be DFed.

...as it was my "fornication" with my now wife that freed me to remarry and thus when I married I was free to remarry.

And, though they did not admit this, the fact that earlier in the evening they accepted my wife and my repentance over our pre-marriage indiscretions, they now found it difficult to DF me while allowing my wife to not be DF. This was a sort of "double jeoperdy" situation that seems to have worked out for me. Your mileage may vary.

HQ

• flipper
    flipper

Wow ! Thanks for all the great comments & observations. Was working all night, have time to respond now.

DARINGHART- Wow. I never knew this was in effect in 1972 as well. Good lord. So all along this has been knd of a hush-hush secret known to the elders only and used to excuse themselves, but not rank & file members ? Go's to figure. I've been aware of MANY people disciplined harshly for confessing sins from 5 years or more in their past. I'm glad you got out my friend. You're safe now.

ZIDDINA- Yeah, the elders claim NOT to be a clergy class, but actions speak louder than words.

DOUBTING BRO- I saw lots of instances where double standards were used in judging elders as opposed to judging rank & file witnesses.

OPEN MIND- Thanks for the referral to Chapter 5 in the book regarding the same rule applying to rank & file members as well. Although just because it is put in writing by the WT society - doesn't mean some body's of elders WILL be as fair to rank & file JW's as they are to themselves. I have experienced LOTS of slighting of the WT society's counsel in dealing with elders and have seen many occasions when they would pick & choose WHICH instructions they wanted to follow - usually whatever would serve their own purpose and endeavor - fair or not.

TRUTHSEEKERIAM- I hear what you are saying. I wonder why I ever trusted elders at times with my confidential stuff too. Incredible.

ZOIKS- Yeah - that's what seeme so weird to me in that information. Even while covering up one's sins- you could still get the holy spirit ! LOL ! It IS pretty cool ! LOL !

OTWO- Well - Whether they cut rank & file the same slack that they do as elders - I guess depends on which elder body is dealing with each given situation ! LOL ! I have seen so much differing applications of instructions by elders from the WT society over the years that it's just so comical that they claim to be the most unified organization on the planet ! It's a joke.

MOSHE- Exactly. Good point. I mean- if elders can't prevent rotten egg publishers or rotten egg elders from squeezing into the congregation, what makes them think they can prevent rotten egg GB members from being appointed as well ? I like your logic.

MAD SWEENEY- Well, it appears that really JW's are just another religion trying to substitute for God. The elders just feel that open confession is required, of course the sin is old enough to not matter anymore. LOL ! Their rules are so scewed up it's crazy.

SIR 82- I was thinking what you were thinking as well. If rank & file JW's found out about this information it would certainly embolden them to cover over things for decades if they knew they;d get cut slack anyway. But the GB & WT society doesn't WANT them to know their rights and procedures handed to the elders because then the society would lose control of the rank & file members. And they can't have that, can they ?

MINIMUS- Good point. I bet Big Wigs HAVE done something down & dirty - thus the extension of easier forgiveness for sins committed years ago.

STUCKINAMOVEMENT- You make a very good point which I have observed and agree with- Many times elders will deal more harshly and show LESS forgiveness to a rank & file couple coming forward with sins from the past - than if an elder is confessing from sins of the past. Thus once more we see the wheels of justice turning with bubbles bulging out of the tires.

ASILENTONE- Yeah, I agree. Back to ya. And regarding your question will a wife & husband get off the hook if confessing a sin from years ago before marriage ? It depends on WHICH elders serve on the JC. It's really a roll of the dice. No way to tell . There is no continuity or unified way they handle it. Comes down to having either liberal elders or conservative elders really.

VALIANT BOY- Very interesting experience by you. Thanks for sharing it. It's incredible the C.O. & another elder told you to appeal your deletion as a MS ! I guess this was quite an eye opener for you by them telling you that you had holy spirit when you know you had done some other things. Really amazing. I'm glad you got out my friend. Holy spirit is a myth for sure.

THE TRUE ONE- I truly believe there IS a code of secrecy in the elder arrangement - and each congregation's elders have their OWN codes of secrecy even yet further. I've seen it operate that way over the years. So therefore the unity they claim by the WT society is really a false illusion. As you mentioned - if a situation comes up where there is a well publicized blatant sin known among the congregation members elders many times will act on it - if it was something secret a long time ago - depending on who committed the act - it may be covered up. There is no real unified way it's handled

• flipper
    flipper

VIOLIA- It is uncanny how after so many years a kind of time warp happens which causes amnesia to occur in current body's of elders thus overlooking a prospective appointee's past. I mean- how else could we explain former child molesters getting appointed as elders or M.S.'s ?

MAMALOVE- Well, I'm glad that SOME rank & file member benefitted from these off beat instructions. I'd like to hear more story's like your's ! Good for you.

DAGOTHUR- Exactly. Jah must be on cruise control since everybody seems to have the spirit, eh ? LOL !

HIDING QUESTIONER- Wow. Your story is one of the more bizarre ones I've read. I bet those elders felt in a REAL pickle because they had forgiven your wife- so what else COULD they do to you ? What a strange cult this is. I'm glad you got cut some slack

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

This was how my stepdaddy dearest was an elder....after the 2008 JC, they

wouldn't tell me what they did!!

• flipper
    flipper

CRAZYBLONDEB- Exactly . You got it. The elders want to keep rank & file members in the dark about what is going on . Even if you DESERVE to know because it involve you ! The elders did this same thing to me when I won my JC appeal of my DFing in spring of 2007. They said, " Well Bethel legal told us to overturn your DFing you are free to go. We encourage you to attend meetings in your area. " I said, " No thanks. " But the elders WOULD NOT tell me why they overturned the DFing. It was probably my lawsuit letter against them & the fact they had no evidence against me- but they did NOT disclose ANY reason. They are such jerks

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT for any comments & observations . Thanks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this little interesting thread up from my archives. It shows the blatant hypocrisy of the WT society. Any comments welcome ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit