strange comment from elder at the meeting today

by Evidently Apostate 39 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What the original poster heard at the meeting, presumably yesterday, was a reference to a point from last week's study...Sept 15 2010 WT p 10 "Earnestly Seek Jehovah's Blessing"

"We recognize that the end could come at any time. Jehovah's timing is not contingent on our giving a witness to every individual on the planet"

Thinking back, we always knew that the present system would not guarantee a witness to all, but we reasoned "Just leave it to Jehovah" it was always thought that nobody would die ignorant of the message. That thought was roughly the same as this WT quote :

WT 65 9/15 p575 QFR " Will Those who do not hear the message survive or be Ressurected?"

....... So, if it is Jehovah’s will to have this message personally carried to the millions on earth who seemingly have not yet heard it, that will be accomplished. If he chooses, he could see to it that this message is spread in ways that we cannot yet imagine. Jesus did foretell that “this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matt. 24:14) We can rest assured that God will see that the preaching work is done to his satisfaction. After that “the end” comes.

However it seems that they had a harder stance in the old days regarding the unhearers and children..Only a real hard case could write this !

WT 51 5/1 p287

"Many who never come in touch with the anointed remnant nevertheless subscribe to what others do in persecuting or fail to do in the way of giving help. The Bible shows a communal responsibility, where a community upholds rulers who persecute Jehovah’s people. Did not the Egyptians suffer the plagues because of Pharaoh’s hardheartedness? Did not the Amalekites suffer for generations afterward because of Amalek’s opposition to Israel in the wilderness? Were not the entire households, including little children, of Korah and Dathan and Abiram swallowed up in destruction because of the rebellion of the household heads? Did not Achan by his greed bring death not only to himself but to his sons and daughters as well? Even King David brought death upon his people by his own transgressions. (Ex. 5:1, 2; 9:13-16; 17:8, 14, 16; 20:5, 6; Num. 16:23-33; Josh. 7:24, 25; 2 Sam. 24:10-17) Now, who will be rash and commit the folly of posing as more just than God by saying He was wrong in such procedures?—Deut. 32:4.

In harmony with the parable of the sheep and goats, Ezekiel chapter 9 shows but two classes, those marked for preservation and the unmarked ones appointed to destruction. And in this latter class note that little children were included, to be slain without pity. This is a prophetic picture of the destruction at Armageddon. At a time of judgment Jesus said: “If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.” That means not only clergy and laity but also parent and child. If a parent chooses to sin against the holy spirit despite the eternal interests of his offspring, that then becomes the responsibility of the parent. In that same time of judgment Paul and Barnabas said to the Jews: “It was necessary for the word of God to be spoken first to you. Since you are thrusting it away from you and do not judge yourselves worthy of everlasting life, look! we turn to the nations.” (Acts 13:46, NW) Those Jews became responsible for the fate of their offspring, not Paul and Barnabas.

Parents devoted to their children will in the interests of their offspring shun wrong ways, taking instead right paths so as to put their children in the way of preservation. “Jehovah knows those who belong to him,” and that also means little children at Armageddon whose parents belong to Jehovah and who try to rear them according to God’s Word. (Deut. 6:6, 7; Eph. 6:4; 2 Tim. 2:19, NW) To Christian parents of young children the promise is: “Otherwise, your children would really be unclean, but now they are holy.”—1 Cor. 7:14, NW."

Should we point out that "community responsibility" and the targeting of children are war crimes outlawed by the Geneva Convention, but their kind of a loving God seems not to care .....

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

jackcar, you seem to have the same black white mentality the org demands from its adherants. many posters here stay in the org for family which is my case. i olny attend sporadically as i have a long term plan to release my wife from her mental captivity.

think about it, no the talk yesterday was another apocalyptic live like jah is coming tommorow poopfest where the speaker likened financial security as wrong and a lure for loosed conduct, i find it all sickening i just had never heard that comment made before. it cleanly absolves the GB from printing a reasonable explaination for the lack of coverage in the ministry.

boyzone, that my friend is the answer, you are not the weakest link.

podobear, i stand corrected, i thought nigeria was mainly muslim but it actually is 48% christian

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard that, in countries where the witlesses haven't reached by Armageddon, people will be judged according to their "heart conditions". This means that people in those nations will survive that merely want to mind their own damn business. We, on the other hand, have to give up everything that means anything to us, suffer poverty and stagnation, quit doing many things that are pleasurable yet harmless to ourselves and others, go to boasting sessions multiple times per week, waste all our time warning others about this destruction, and finalize a dedication to the organization.

This means, effectively, that we are not saving lives. We are MURDERING people by reaching them. If we reach someone that is basically upright and wishes to mind their own business, gambles on rare occasion, smokes the occasional cigar, celebrates the holidays, enjoys various types of "debasing" music, and reads the horoscope for entertainment, this person is now going to have to get rid of it all in order to have a chance of life. Had no witlesses bothered this person, they would be judged based on being reasonable and not harming others. There is a good chance that many people will go into the "doomed" category, whereas they would have been "saved" had they not been reached at all.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    how can 7 million jws who live primarily in industrialized nations reach 7 billion people?

They cannot. They create the illusion that Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. lands are somewhat being preached so that the average member believes Armageddon can come any time now.

But they do go out enough that in "Christendom" they can knock on most doors at least twice a year.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

Great point WTW, how could a dub counter that logic?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    Great point WTW, how could a dub counter that logic?

By defaulting to "Wait on Jehovah" or "Jehovah knows best, we are just speculating".

Case closed in the dubby's mind

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the way their pompous stupid answers and comments from the platform and KH one would think they have a direct link to jeehoobah FFS, I remember many years ago when The Live Forever Book made the statement that the preaching work would be completed in the 20th century our shit for brains PO reinforced this with so much assurance and authority that it made me think how stupid they can be.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

yan, denial is not logic

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

"emptyinside, how about asking why are we still pounding on doors if he [Jehovah] already knows who will live in the paradise, it makes the ministry a test of faith for jw's only"

For years the only way I could get me mind to comprehend this was to tell myself that the "Truth' was simply a "watering hole" provided to enable all those who wanted to worship Jehovah today (vs tomorrow in the New System) could come together to worship and not necessarily to serve and save lives. This was the only way I could cope. For me all would be saved but for the actual wicked, some of whom would be JWs.

HQ

• ssn587
    ssn587

Well if Jehovah and Jesus can read hearts, what in the hell is the point of going out in field service. Oh I get it, the publishing company needs to make $$$ so go out there donate $$$ for the trash, place them and try and get others to donate $$$ for the trash. And then if at all possible brain wash them and get them to go out and do the same thing you are doing. Supporting a publishing company.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit