strange comment from elder at the meeting today

by Evidently Apostate 39 Replies latest jw friends

• AnneB
    AnneB

Long ago in a city far, far away, the JW's told me that Daniel spoke of an image with toes made partly of clay. It was explained to me that, in the "march of world powers", that after the "Anglo-American dual world power" fell there would be "anarchy". They said that the toes of clay meant that people wouldn't stick together, hence "anarchy".

What if they misinterpreted? What if the toes of clay mean "rule by The People" as in People's Republic of China, that is, a communistic form of government? What if, during the time the "toes" are in power, the "Good News" is preached to the people represented by "the toes"....and THEN the end will come?

That about covers it as far as I'm concerned. WT is so centered on "the end" arriving any day that a further preaching work opening up in the (essentially) untouched part of the world is beyond them.

• boyzone
    boyzone

AnnB

WT is so centered on "the end" arriving any day that a further preaching work opening up in the (essentially) untouched part of the world is beyond them.

And with that I reckon you summed their whole attitude up nicely. The whole premise behind the recent statements about the preaching work being mostly complete is down to the fact that they don't want to preach anymore. Everyone's tired and fed up - and the end still isn't here!. So when they think about the billions that still haven't heard the message, a reasonable excuse has to be found. Thats why they trot out the "collective responsibility" label and the examples of only fishing in certain areas.

This sort of thinking makes the rank and file feel better. They don't have to worry about preaching for decades longer and to billions more, and it means the GB can continue to push that the end is still sooo very close.

• smiddy
    smiddy

And don`t forget b4 the end the" love of the greater number will cool off"

Theirs an answer for everything

smiddy

• Dumi
    Dumi

Ahh... how enlighting to be an apostate... I had an unplanned chat with my life-long friend of mine who is a JW...

He was taken back when I skirted along the lines of WBTS having been a UN NGO, the approximate Net worth of WBTS in South African Rands, and the common nonsense dished out in DCs about the END Being SOOO NEAR!

He simply said, he prays he doesnt end up thinking like me... The Matrix Has him tightly in a dream world.

Apparently this DC is the Shittiest of them all with sentiments that "This may be the Last International Convention before the New world"

It makes me nauseous

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

As far as I know, the WT doesn't teach that people who haven't had a chance to tell JWs to bugger off are birdfood at Armageddon. They are safe until a Dubby knocks on their door.

Can anyone show us an article that states otherwise???

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Boyzone I think you got it exactly right.

Before the JW's had to help the angels separate the sheep and goats. Hadda get it DONE!!...because one day soon they would have to preach that it was just too late to wake up....the door had been closed. And then the end would come.

Now Jehovah's going to look after it all, later on.

This way the G.B. can get rid of their staff, sell off the buildings and wait for the big A, no questions asked. The dubs get the message that the dreaded service is no longer urgent....

There are going to be a lot of irregular and inactive J-dubs.

• Heaven
    Heaven

What they are saying is the good news is preached to ALL nations not each individual.

So who in the Borg preaches to the tribal people living in the Amazon jungle?

And what about the Muslims? The Borg specifically told it's Moroccan members NOT to preach to them. Why?

• Heaven
    Heaven

It is mathematically impossible for the JWs to preach to everyone in all the nations. I've done the math. It doesn't compute.

• Think About It
    Think About It

If you only had one strange comment from an elder to comment on in a thread......it must have been a slow week in WT world. Usually they make many strange comments.

Think About It

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws
    AnneB - Long ago in a city far, far away, the JW's told me that Daniel spoke of an image with toes made partly of clay. It was explained to me that, in the "march of world powers", that after the "Anglo-American dual world power" fell there would be "anarchy". They said that the toes of clay meant that people wouldn't stick together, hence "anarchy".....

The JW's image has been altered this image to include the dual world power of Britian & America. The original ones do not have anything else included & look more like this one below!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit