strange comment from elder at the meeting today

by Evidently Apostate 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

todays watchtower was especially nauseating but during the study one of them made the comment concerning the big A " jehovahs timetable is not contingent on all nations being saturated by the good news". the study conductor reafirmed his point and then continued.

WAIT A FUGGIN MINUTE! there are 1.4 billion chinese on the earth and only 40 million profess christianity. i guess they dont deserve forewarning before our loving god slaughters them. what about the other countries that repress religion or would kill a witness for what would be considered subversion. it makes it okay now if we dont get to them with the good news, they werent going to convert anyway right?

North Korea 25 million who havent a clue who Jehovah is. what about other countries

Iran

Iraq

Nigeria

sudan

saudi arabia, and many others we do not talk to

• potleg
    potleg

Goes to show ya, Joe Hoover is not an equal opportunity god.

• blondie
    blondie

He's only quoting generally from this:

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 "Keep on the Watch" ***Fifth, we see a global preaching work being accomplished, which Jesus said would take place just before the end of this system. Jesus stated: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) Today, that prophecy is in the course of fulfillment on an unprecedented scale. True, untouched territories still exist, and it may be that in Jehovah’s due time, a large door leading to greater activity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness.Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

• Mary
    Mary

I made the same observations to an elder who called on me a couple of years ago to invite me to the Memorial. He said how the preaching work has been done 'throughout the entire earth'. I told him that that's not exactly true, since they're banned in China and do not preach in countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran or Iraq. What about those people?'

He was speechless.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

And, as mentioned in the DC a couple of years back, *everyone* who dies at Armageddon are judged then and will NOT receive a resurrection and are dead forever. I'm glad they were so clear about this, and that they are so confident in what God will do in the future, as this comment came out during a what-would-be successful fade.

I'm not sure how they can apply Matthew 10:23 to today's preaching work (and there's even been some doubt as to if it does, or not), as that seemed to apply specifically to *that* existing system of things.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

The logical conclusion of what Jehovah is up to according to the WTBS lead many JW's I knew to adopt a rather callous attitude towards so-called "worldly people". Rather than helping people to view people as potential brother's and sisters, the teaching seemed to me at least in my area to be creating among the so-called faithful an attitude that "worldly" people were "Lebensunwertes Leben", the Nazi term "life unworthy of life".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_unworthy_of_life

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

True, untouched territories still exist, and it may be that in Jehovah’s due time, a large door leading to greater activity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness.Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

This infuriates me. Didn't they used to push it in the 80's that the 'good news would be preached in ALL the inhabited earth (or land...can't remember the exact phrase)....?

• loosie
    loosie

Yes Awsnap they did say it would be in all the inhabited earth.

So now they are back peddling... liars

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

Blondie, one immediate thought came to mind, how can 7 million jws who live primarily in industrialized nations reach 7 billion people? so what if god unjustly murders 3 billion souls as long as the jw's are vindicated, right?

GB, i agree, hate and apathy have created a toxic mental state for jw's, a pioneer i knew after leaving a not interested home would joke," they are corpses". what a religion

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Evidently... I was a pio-sneer schmelder and I saw what was happening to me and how toxic the literature was so I actually stopped reading it ten years before I left and stuck to reading ONLY the Bible and that changed my attitude and made me realize that there was no moral difference between me and anyone else on the planet and that everyone was doing their best to get by. Of course it's now led me to some serious agnosticism as well. Now I can't even fathom any explanation which seems reasonable or moral for existence of any kind, much less this particular version.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit