strange comment from elder at the meeting today

by Evidently Apostate 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

Gb, atheism/agnosticism seems to be aneventuality of many ex dubs, myself i just pay attention to the gospels, just the heartfelt intent of jesus. that is all i have to go on and it is a kind of healing for me. i can also see everyone on earth the same without the us/them hate mentality

peace EA

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

When I brought up this point,the explanation I received was that Jehovah can read hearts. And he knows whether a person would be receptive to the "truth" or not. Well,if that's the case, why wait for anyone to hear the message. I wish I had thought to say that at the time.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

emptyinside, how about asking why are we still pounding on doors if he already knows who will live in the paradise, it makes the ministry atest of faith for jw's only

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

c t russell taught that the heathens will all be given a trial under full knowledge and favorable conditions in the new world.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Umm...aint this the same religion that says a generation can overlap?

Just saying.

• bobld
    bobld

What they are saying is the good news is preached to ALL nations not each individual.Like a speaker talking to a large crowd but not each person yet all get the same msg.

B

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

True, untouched territories still exist, and it may be that in Jehovah’s due time, a large door leading to greater activity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness.Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

It is comments like these that make me think the idea that Jehovah was only going to save JWs was incorrect. If he is a God of love and justice, then he would read people's hearts and save those who were worthy of it. And I believe that to be most people - there are very few genuinely evil people in the world. So, I never bought the idea that JWs would be the only "saved" at the Big A. DS
  • truman
    truman

At a talk I remember from a number of years ago, probably in the 1980s, I heard a Bethel speaker offer an explanation for the lack of WT/JW success in Asian countries by calling upon John 21: 3-11.

That tells that after Jesus’ death, Peter went fishing all night but caught nothing. Then the resurrected Jesus came and told them to cast their nets on the other side of the boat, where they caught “multitudes” of fish.

Supposedly that means that some fishing spots are just empty, but Jesus knows where the fish really are—in the Western nations, of course. So then, all you JW fishers of men, stop worrying about preaching to all those Chinese and Indians. God knows they aren’t going to listen anyway. Just keep knocking on doors where Jesus (the GB) tells you.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    He was speechless.

I'm suprised this one stumped him. My family always say "oh that age old argument? God's NOT going to do anything unjust, so don't worry about that. You are just nit-picking"

-Sab

• Podobear
    Podobear

Evidently Apostate: You should take Nigeria out of your list...

Can I ask you, and anyone else that could chip on this... Somewhere I recollect scriptures referring to a "third" of the earth.

I used to get depressed reaching to knock on another well bombarded door.. and wonder about the billions who haven't a clue about the "good news"

It made a little more sense to me if what the scriptures were saying, actually referred to the "third" of the earth that has received the "good news". The domain of CHRISTENDOM itself. Now if that is the case, the JW job is done!

The demise of Christendom and its Apostacy might be just the wake up call for the rest of the Earth...

just a thought...

Indeed I cannot get to grips with a loving God who would annihilate billions of innocent individuals. According to Scriptures, he would bring to ruin those "ruining" the earth... ramble.. ramble.. ramble

Podo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit